26| Satan

Chapter 26: Satan (Claire's POV)

We woke up the next morning to noises coming from around the room. "Go, go, go, take care of your puppies," Leo mumbled, lying flat on his stomach, his arms under the pillow. 

I sat up, looking at the puppies running around then looking at him. I sighed and got out of bed before walking over to the door and opening they ran out and stopped at the stairs. I looked at Leo who was trying to go back to sleep and took advantage of that. I leaned forward and smacked his ass before running out of there. 

"Claire!" I heard him yell. 

I picked them up and took them downstairs and let them out in the backyard. They were surprisingly easy to potty train, the three demon dogs I grew up with, who I loved very much, took a lot more work than this. They ran around for a little bit, played with each other, and once they were tired I took them back in. 

"Oh, puppy food always looks disgusting," I mumbled while taking their food out. I bent down and set their bowls by the counter, standing up when I felt a smack on my ass. "Piss off, Leo. You can't touch my butt," I mumbled, going to wash my hands. 

"But you can touch mine?" he scoffed, "Tit for tat," he mumbled, sitting down at the counter, rubbing his eyes sleepily. 

"Why didn't you go back to sleep?" I asked while making myself a tea and his coffee. 

"What time is it?" he yawned. 

"It's six in the morning," I chuckled. He put his head down on the counter and stayed there for a while. 

"Coffee," I said, sliding his cup over to him. 

"Thanks," he said. 

"Go back to sleep," I laughed. 

He shook his head before sipping his coffee. "Are you hungry?" he asked. 

"No, not right now," I answered. I've been here for a month. A month. I should probably go buy tampons and pads and stuff, I'm supposed to get the monthly Satan visit soon. I'm supposed to get me period. "I need to go to the grocery store," I said, putting my cup down. 

"No," he shook his head, "Tell me what food you want and I'll go get it," he replied. 

"I think I should go for this one, Leo." 

"No, Claire. I don't like repeating myself again and again. Just tell me what you want." 

"I need to get tampons and pads. Can you get that for me?" I arched an eyebrow at him and he spit his coffee out. "That's what I thought," I nodded. 

"What do you mean? Of course, I can go get that for you," he stammered. 

"Do you even know how that stuff works? How to find the sizes? Where it even is in the store?" I questioned. 

"I'll ask for help," he shrugged. I eyed him carefully while he fell into thought. "Right no. I'll call you. If I don't get it, I'll facetime you. Then you can tell me what to do," he shrugged. 

"Wouldn't it be much easier for me to just go and get it myself? You can come with me," I said. 

"Absolutely not. The last time I went to the grocery store, Theo showed up. I can't risk taking you and that happening again. Sorry, babe. You're not leaving this house till the whole issue is resolved." I stared at him in shock when he called me babe. 

"You called me babe," I grinned. 

"No, I didn't," he replied, looking at me. 

"Yes, you did," I walked over to him.