Chapter 8.

[Dedication to ALLL my silent readers! Thank you so much! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with my story.]
-------------
Timeskip of 3 months:
Mason's POV:
I ran my fingers through my blond hair worriedly. I haven't seen her in 5 months. Five fricken months. The worst part was, I didn't know how she was doing. She could be on the brink of death for all I know. Most wolves would've committed suicide by now. I only didn't because my wolf is an Alpha. I felt pity for other wolves. The only thing keeping me going is that I would feel it if she died. Alex hasn't died, yet.

All I can think is her laying in the forest wheezing out her last breath. I am so worried. She rejected me, but I hope with all my heart she didn't mean it. There is a knock at my office door tearing me from my thoughts. "Come in." I sigh. My dad, the old Alpha, comes in. "How can I help you, dad." I sarcastically say the last part. He was part of Alex's tormentors, making my wolf instantly hate him. My wolf hates me and himself for torturing her too.

He flinches at my tone. The fact that I can't see my mate makes me edgy. "I have come to relieve your Alpha duties so you can find your mate." I stare at him incredulously. "I am planning for me to give my duties temporarily to Beta." I tell him. "I'm leaving tomorrow. Now, please leave my office." He leaves, frowning. No doubt he wanted to take permanent control. I sigh and go back to doing my paperwork.

~~~~~~ [Timeskip to next day.]

I have finished packing my things, and I'm ready to go. I leave with out a word, shifting into my wolf. I hold my pack in between my teeth. Racing off to the place where she was last scented, by a river. No doubt to change her scent. I haven't left before, because my father forbade me to for four and a half months. Then he gave me the Alpha title. Which takes half a month of paperwork. What he didn't know, is that I gave my title to my little brother, Jason. I have a feeling he will try to hurt Alex, so I decided to leave the pack for good.

If I'm leaving the pack, I might as well change my scent. I leap into the frigid river, spring hasn't gotten here yet. I drag myself out, smelling a slightly different scent as well as my own different scent. I smell of woods and apples. The other smelled of woods and pomegranates. I love pomegranates, I ate them all the time. Alex! My wolf howled. We must follow scent! I began to track the scent. My beloved Alex, here I come!

-------[I thought of stopping here, but I changed my mind]

Alex's POV:
Life was good, Henry and I raised enough money to buy a mansion. I wasn't actually a mansion, just a three story house. It felt like one though. The pup, who told us his name was John, was digging holes and found an old bag of coins! They were solid gold. We sold all but one, John wanted to keep it. I had become his adopted mother. He loved me like his real one. I loved him as my own as well.

John and I lived in rooms across from each other. There were 5 bathrooms, and 5 rooms. Each bedroom had a bathroom. It was a pretty nice house, there was a woods in our backyard. The downside was that there was other house next to us, so we had human and werewolf neighbors. Also that I was far away from work. Despite the problems, we lived peacefully. We were kind of like a pack, only there was 5 of us instead of 50.

Tanya and Max were living in the same room, because they were mates. They were expecting! I felt excited for them, they get to have their own family. I was thinking of maybe making our little 'pack' official. The fifth room was unused and could be used as an office. Tanya and Max were the Betas, and Henry was the Gamma. I could be the Alpha. We lived in unclaimed territory, so lots of loner werewolves lived nearby.

We had yet to come up with a name, though. As soon as we did, Tanya and I would try to get the nearby loners to join our pack. I was dragged out of my thoughts when John jumped on top of me. "Can we please go to the park?" He begged me. It was ten minutes away, so we didn't go often. John pulled a puppy dog face, by literally changing into his wolf. 'Pleaseeeee!' He mind-linked me. "Fine." I sighed defeatedly.

"Hooray!" He shifted back and ran to put his clothes on. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough money to buy everyone else the special clothes, so only I had them. I laughed quietly as I waited by the door. We walked to the park, him chattering about things the whole way. When we got there, he ran excitedly to play with the other children. "Be nice and careful!" I called after him.

I sat on the bench, watching him play with the other pups and kids. They seemed to be having a wonderful time. Suddenly I smelled a wonderful scent, of Apples (the best fruit ever) and Woods. All werewolves had woods in their scent. I stiffened, realizing who it was. "John! Time to go home!" I said frantically. He whined as I pulled him along towards our house.

I ran into somebody accidentally, feeling sparks. I cursed quietly and tried to get away. Too late, the dreaded person had grabbed my arm. "Where do you think you're going?" He smiled at me. I resisted and kept my mouth in a thin line. "Anywhere away from you," I growled at him. "I rejected you remember?" His eyes flashed with hurt and I was able to get away. My mate, Mason, had finally found me.

__________
Hewo meh peoples!
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!
I would've continued but my fingers hurt. Whew! That was a long chapter!
Thanks for reading, as always ^_^,

Foxtail