"Congratulations," another voice rang out near Sara

"Congratulations," another voice rang out near Sara. She looked up and smiled at another stranger.

"Thank you," she replied as she took the gift from the random lady.

"Bi Jaan kaha hai?" She asked. After telling her Bi Jaans whereabouts, Sara once again sat down on the beautiful jhoola that was decorated just for her.

(Swing)

Everyone had a smile on their faces. The biggest was probably on Bi Jaans. After all she was receiving a great grandchild in just a few months. A great grandson to be more specific.

Sara had found at the gender not to long ago. Pari has insisted she have a baby shower where they would announce the gender. Bi Jaan was on board with the idea too.

Sara laughed as Pari tried to dance around with Anum, who looked adorable in her blue lehnga.

(Skirt)

Everyone, including Sara were wearing blue. Her cheeks had gotten a little chubbier and there was a permanent glow on her face. She placed her hand on her 6 month old stomach as she felt her baby kick. That motion alone brought tears to her eyes.

During the past few months, Sara hadn't rarely talked to Arsalan. Maybe it was the fact that she was scared of his rejection. Or the fact he may take her child away from her.

She had wanted to ask him. Ask him if what she had heard in the mall was true but couldn't. It was as if she would go mute if she went anywhere near him.

"Itni udas qu dikrahi ho?" Questioned Ghazala.
Sara shook her head at her question and plastered a fake smile on her face.

(Why do you look so sad)

Ghazala had a 'I don't believe you' look on her face but let the topic go.

Bi Jaan walked over to the two of them. "Arsalan kaha hai?" She questioned.

(Where is Arsalan)

As if on cue, Arsalan walked towards them. He too looked handsome in the blue kurti he was wearing. As their eyes met, a shiver ran down the both of them. Sara looked away first, and fixed the silk dress she was wearing.

"Kaha tay tum?" Bi Jaan asked.

(Where were you)

"Wo mai Ayesha kay paas tha," he replied and Sara swallowed the lump in her throat.

(I was with Ayesha)

"Yeh jashaan tumhare liye hai aur tum ya par ho hi nahi." Bi Jaan said. "Bharhal, sab tumhara puch rahey hain, jao sab say ja kar Salam karo," she said in a stern tone.

(This party was for you and you weren't even here for half of it. Anyways, everyone has been asking for you, go and say hi to them)

Arsalan nodded his head before leaving them.

After around 20 minutes, Arsalan came near Bi Jaan and Sara once again, this time with a man in his 50's.

"Bi Jaan, Sara, yeh humare bohot ache partner aur dost hai, Talha Sadiq." Arsalan introduced them. "Aur Talha, yeh hai meri Dadi aur meri biwi."

Sara looked up to give the man a smile but her dipped to the pit of her stomach. All the color drained from her face as she gazed at the man in front of her. He too having the same reaction.

"Sana?" He asked.

Sara felt like bursting into tears as she saw the man in front of her. The man her mother loved. The man who broke her mother's heart. The man who made her mother cry every night. The man who made her mother feel she wasn't good enough.

The man who had left his daughter for money.

He moved closer and Sara hurriedly stood up. She had known what her father looked like. She had seen a photo of him that her mother would clutch to her chest every night. She could see the regret, guilt and love in his eyes. It disgusted her.

"Paas mat ayeh ga," she said in a broken tone. She hurriedly rushed inside the haveli, not wanting to stare at him any longer.

(Don't come any closer)

What was the chance she would she her father after 20 years?

She rushed into her room and locked the door behind her. She walked into the corner of the room and slowly slid down the wall while sobbing her eyes out.

She had felt so alone these days. It was as if the only reason she was surviving was because of her baby boy.

Had her mother felt this way?

"Sara!" Ghazala's voice floated through the door as she knocked. "Darwaza kholo," she said.

(Open the door)

Sara however stayed rooted in her spot and didn't open the door.

"Sara!" Her voice rang out again. She stood up and went to open the door. "Ghazala bi," she said and went to hug the older lady, sobbing in her arms. Ghazalas heart hurt to see what the girl in her arms was going through.

"Baas bache, sab theek hojay ga." She whispered.

(It's ok, everything will be just fine)

"Ghazala Bi, Maine yaha par nahi raina."

(I don't want to live here)

Arsalan was in shock as he saw his wife run away from where she was sitting on the swing. It had then occurred to him that this man who he was business partners with, was her father.

She had seen the way she was crying and wanted to comfort her. It had started raining shortly after Sara had ran inside. As he was bidding farewell to all the guests, he was helping pick up all the decor and furniture outside.

The sky had become dark as it rained heavily.

Arsalan walked inside and went to knock on Sara's door.

"Sara?" He called out but didn't receive a reply. He slowly opened the door to find the room empty. "Sara?" He once again called out. He frowned and started looking around the Haveli.

He was panting by now and his heart beating fast as he frantically looked around for his wife.

"Sara!" He cried out in the rain outside and collapsed to the ground. The clouds thundered and the rain fell harder then before.

Sara was gone.

•••• ••• ••••

Ok so it has come to my attention that this story is similar to one in The Shy Night by @ayemaaaaaan. I wanted you guys to know that I did NOT copy her story. I actually have never heard of nor read her book.

Anyways remember to vote and comment

What do you think will happen next?