17| An Attack

| CHAPTER - 17 |

* **

"My lord? You have summoned me-" 

"Yes, Pulvit. Come inside." Dipankar's heart was troubled deeply, unfortunately, he had overheard his mother's head maid ordering a group of men about entering the dark forest behind Prince Raghuveer's house. This time, his mother didn't even inform him about this as probably by now, she would have known that he was against these unfair ways. 

Dipankar could never get himself to go with his mother's plan of assassinating Raghuveer, maybe he wanted to play it the right way. If he can't even fight a man for his throne in a righteous way then how will he ever lead this kingdom on a good path? 

"My mother has planned something else again, but this time she has excluded me from it." Saying Dipankar quickly threw a set of black clothes at Pulvit. "I overheard about killing Raghuveer's servant to teach that bastard a lesson and I can't let it happen." 

"Dhruvan? Why will the queen kill him? He is innocent-" 

"And why can it not be the maid?" Dipankar quickly threw a question as the cells of suspicion in him woke up at once, why is Pulvit so alarmed about that boy? 

"I don't care about the boy, but just in case if it is that new maid the bastard prince has hired, then I can't take the risk. So change into these, we should reach the forest before the tragedy is done." Saying Dipankar stepped inside to the balcony as he glanced at the vast sky. 

Golden rays of the early morning were partially visible and the moon was still struck at his spot in the sky. A small secret smile took over his face as he remembered last night, his gloomy self couldn't even have a conversation with the girl he loves, somewhere in all these years he has lost himself and now he can't help but behave like a gloomy person he wanted to predict others as. 

Shortly, with a tiny case filled with bows and arrows along with daggers hidden under their clothes they silently slipped away from the palace. Pulvit was absolutely shocked to see the prince escape the security guards with ease like a professional. Even after working for years Pulvit still can't read his master's face, he always had a tough set up of unwelcomeness on his face making everyone shiver in fear and stay away from him. 

The long walk only increased the amount of struggle in Pulvit, what if Dhruvan was their target? That boy doesn't even know any self-defence techniques! Pulvit has warmly welcomed him to join his training batch to make him strong but look at this situation, hardships strike you hard when you are least prepared. 

"My lord, pardon my ignorance but why do you care about that maid?" Pulvit tried his best to zip his lips from asking this question but he couldn't kill curiosity. 

"Did you observe Lady Sahastra on the night of Mahashivratri? It looked like she was fond of that girl, Sahastra rarely makes friends but now that she has made one I don't want her to lose that new happiness she has found." Dipankar spoke as he looked up at the tall coconut trees and the tiny sharp rays of the morning sun piercing through the dense forest. 

"Your thoughts are mighty and righteous like you, my lord! But Prince, if you love her so much then why don't ask for her hand in marriage-" 

Dipankar let out a peal of mirthless laughter as he continued walking forward. 

"Love is pure, Pulvit and a purer heavenly angel-like Sahastra is not meant to marry a monster like me." 

And after that Pulvit couldn't get himself to console his master. His master, prince Dipankar might seem like a rough and foolish prince but only he knows how soft and empathetic the prince is. Everyone sins, but the one sin Prince Dipankar has committed kept haunting him and there might not be a cure for those nightmares.