Chapter Nineteen

~ Cover designed by daphnean {Thanks so much} 😊

"What are you doing in my study? Aurora, you know that my study is off..." an angry voice behind us says.

"Care to fricken explain this Dave?" I ask him calming as I hold the papers in front of me as I turn around. Dave's face pales slightly.

"I don't know what you're talking about honey," he says sweetly. I roll my eyes.

"I'm not honey, stop calling me that!" I yell at him. I spy Chase by the window, watching the both of us.

"Ok, I'm sorry," Dave says looking at me, holding his hands up.

"What the fuck is this?" I yell, throwing the papers at him. "Who the fuck are you?" I continue to yell at him. Who was this guy? How did he meet mum? Who's my real father?
I watch Dave closely as he takes a step towards me and another, I back into the corner of the room. Chase moves quickly in front of me, I feel him grab hold of my hand behind him, I peek out behind him. Dave looks a little confused.

"Who are you boy? How did you get in? and why are you holding my daughters hand?" Dave asks angrily, glaring at Chase. I freeze, moving closer to Chase.

"The names Evan, Chase Evan's," Chase replies, I can picture him smirking right now.

"Not the time for James Bond, Chase," I mumble quietly, my eyes on Dave. "And I'm NOT your daughter, there's the proof." Dave looks down at the floor, seeing the paper.

"I'm holding Aurora's hand because you're scaring her, and she's confused. As to how I got in here, are we talking about the house or your study?" Is that the feeling I'm feeling right now, scared and confused. Dave looks up and glances at me, or half of me since I'm hiding behind Chase.

"You trust this boy?" he asks me quietly. I guess he had a right to ask, the only other friend I had was Cordelia. I guess I have a hard time trusting people. Chase glances down at me, his big brown eyes looking into my blue ones, waiting for the answer. I nod my head, and chase smiles before looking back across at Dave.

"You have your answer, now I want mine," I say loudly. Dave sighs but slumps into the seat, his head on his knees. I frown, I've never seen Dave look so.. sad.

"Your mum was going to tell you.."

"When? When was she going to tell me?" I yell getting mad. Chase squeezes my hand gently, I take a deep breathe.

"On your eighteenth birthday," Dave mumbles quietly. My eighteenth birthday was still three months away.

"Why not tell me sooner?" I ask quietly, bending down and picking up the sheets of paper.

"We thought it was best to wait till you were older Aurora," he says softly.

"Bullshit!" I say angrily. I notice something that I hadn't seen on the adoption papers earlier.

Leo Keith

"Who is Leo Keith?" I ask, glancing at Dave. He doesn't answer me. "Who the fuck is Leo Keith?" I yell at him, Chase try's to calm me down but it's no use. "Dave!" I yell at him, finally he looks up at me, his eyes wet.

"Your father. Leo Keith is your father."

Time slows down as I let this sink in, my real fathers name is Leo Keith. Leo Keith is my father.

"What's going on in here?" asks a confused voice by the doorway. We all look up, and find a frowning but still gorgeous looking Rachel. I look over at Dave who was looking down at his feet, still holding the papers, I walk over to Rachel.