Chapter 19

I woke up and I was laying in my bed. I felt empty, and I realized it was because Liam was gone. I felt tears run to my face and I started to cry. I would never get to live in the little cottage with Liam, I would never get to fight with him about having more than one kid, I would never get to have anything with him because he was gone.

My Mom walked into the room and she pulled me into her chest as I sobbed. We both were mateless. What did we do to deserve this. I felt like I was being punished. I would give anything to get him back.My Mom held me as I cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up she explained that Ethan had given the vampires the option to coexist peacefully or to be put in prison. Ethan gave them a town to use and they decided to live in peace. They had elected a new leader named Jacob.

The next few weeks were a blur. I refused to eat, all I did was sleep, cry and repeat. I missed Kylie's funeral and I missed Liam's funeral. His parents had a private one at their home. I tried to use my powers to feel something but they were gone.

Sophie and Jaz would come and keep me company and I would sit and listen as they talked. Sophie stopped coming once she found out she was pregnant and was put on bed rest for her second month of pregnancy. Jaz had started learning how to be a doctor, so she was training under her Mom all day.

Finally, after a few weeks of sulking I started to throw up. I was throwing up all day and could barely keep food down. After a week of constant puking, my Mom had Aunt Addy stop by. They walked into the room and Aunt Addy grabbed my hand.

"I just want to get some blood to make sure nothing went wrong with your powers," Aunt Addy said. She took the blood and left to run some tests. After a few minutes she came in and gave me a gentle smile.

"You are pregnant," she said and I felt like I had been punched.

"What?" I said a few tears came to my eyes.

"You are pregnant," she said and as I heard the news I let out a sob I had been holding in for three weeks now. They both held me as I tried to comprehend the news of being pregnant with Liam's baby while he wasn't around. I finally calmed down and my Mom started to talk to me gently.

"This is a blessing, you will always have a little Liam running around. You need to start taking care of yourself," She said wiping my tears.

"I know, I am sorry." I said crying more.

"It is going to be hard, but you will get through this," she said holding my hands. I decided to get up and take a shower. I then headed downstairs and saw that Emma was cooking with Jason. She ran over and gave me a hug and then sat me down for breakfast.

Evan, Eva, and Mom joined us and we all ate breakfast together and things felt almost normal. After I ate, my Mom gave me a pill for morning sickness and I took it.

"I am going to get some fresh air," I said deciding it would be good for the baby. My Mom told me to be careful and I walked out the door. I walked to the backyard and made my way to the treehouse. I climbed up carefully and I sat down on the couch.

I looked at my bump and sighed thinking of Liam, and for once instead of crying I felt myself smiling down at my little bump.

"Hey," I heard in the door step. I looked up and saw George. He was looking at his feet and he sat down next to me.

"Hi," I said quietly, looking down at my fingers.

"I am sorry I didn't visit, I figured you hated me because you were too buddy saving me to save Liam," George said looking at his fingers.