Chapter 17

I looked up at George and he seemed at peace, having gotten a final goodbye with Kylie. I looked at my hand and noticed that my father's body was now completely decomposed. I left go of his body letting out a small scream.

His body slowly let out a bright light and he was turned to ashes. I let out a tear but wiped it away, knowing that he was at peace. Jaz showed up and she gasped as she saw the ash.

"You did it!" She said happily. I told her everything that had happened,and we decided to come clean about everything.

We called a family meeting including our parents, and my brother. I explained to them what had just happened. I told them about not being able to bring Dad back, about Kylie dying, and about the witches.

My Mom started crying tears of relief knowing my dad was okay, my brother seemed upset but eventually calmed down. Once I was done talking all the men started to get everyone in the pack to prepare for a fight and everyone else started looking for books on witches.

My Mom pulled me into a hug thanking me, and my brother apologized. As everyone went separate ways I went into the tree house to take in everything that had happened. I sat by myself for a few moments when I heard a knock on the door.

I looked up and it was Liam. I expected him to yell at me, or scold me, but instead he pulled me into his arms and hugged me. I inhaled his intoxicating scent and I let out some tears of relief.

"I talked to your brother and he explained everything which had happened. I am sorry I didn't listen to you," he said and I smiled at him.

"You are here now," I said softly. He pulled me into his chest.

"We are staying until you are ready to go, from now on you are my number one priority," he said. I smiled and kissed him.

"You know I have never done anything in a treehouse," he said wiggling his eyebrows at me. I laughed and he picked me up and put my on our little couch. We started ripping each other's clothing off as we kissed. We had makeup sex and then we went to my bedroom and fell asleep.

In the morning my house was buzzing. I walked downstairs and everyone was reading. I grabbed an apple and sat down, and Jazz passed me a book. Liam joined us a few minutes later and we spent the next few hours researching for any information about witches.

At around noon the boys all left to train the warriors, and we all went outside to test out some of the things we had learned. We wrote down notes about how to channel witches' energy and it was My Mom, Aunt Lilac, Aunt Addy, Aunt Jules, Jaz, Sophie, and Emma.

"Okay so there are three main things we should work on. The healing spell, the freezing spell, and the fighting spell," My Mom said reading out the notes we took.

"What is first?" I said putting my hair up into a bun.

"The freezing spell," Aunt Addy said.

"How do I do it?" I asked.

"Look at the target, hold your hands out and close your fist while saying stabit. A blue light should follow and the person will freeze until you release your hand," Jaz said.

"Who is up first?" I said smiling, rubbing my hands together. Emma stood up and sighed.

"Please don't hurt me," She said. She started walking back and forth and I stretched my neck and tried to focus.

I targeted her into my sight and didn't break my glance, I put out my arm and as I closed my hand I screamed stabit. A blue light exploded from my hand and Emma froze in place. I felt a strain on my head as I held focus.

I let it go, and everyone cheered at me getting it on the first try. I stumbled back trying to regain my composure and shook my head, trying to get rid of the fuzzy feeling. My Mom ran over and gave me water.

"If you need a break let us know, this is going to be very draining as you first start out," My Mom said rubbing my back. I shook my head ok.

"I am okay for now," I said to her.

"Then lets move onto the fighting, then healing," My Mom said helping me stand up.

"Okay so for fighting all you have to do is lock eyes on your target yell malum and a red light will show. Once you yell malum you need to move your hand and wherever you want them to go they will," Jazz said.

"Who am I testing this on?" I asked worried about hurting someone.

"Me," George said, walking over to us. He was shirtless and in shorts. I looked around and I realized it would be hard for me to hurt him.

"I don't want to hurt you George," I said looking him into the eyes.

"I am tough no worries Erin," I said, giving me a wink. I took a shaky breath and I stood my ground. George went to lunge at me, and I lifted my arm and screamed Malum. He froze in the air, and I moved my arm to the right side and he slammed into a tree hard.

"Crap," I said running over to him. His arm was bent backwards and he was groaning in pain.

"Okay to heal him, put your hand on the injury and say sana and it will heal," Aunt Addy said. I put my hands on his buff arm and I said Sana. As I touched his arm I felt sparks and saw a yellow light as his arm healed on its own.

As I finished I felt my vision go blurry and I stumbled forward and George caught me. He helped me sit against the tree and I felt water dripping down my nose.

"You are bleeding," George said, wiping under my nose. My Mother held onto my arm, and Aunt Addy grabbed me a cloth to wipe my bloody nose.

"The healing isn't always recommended, it will take the most energy out of you," she said. I drank some water and finally felt ok enough to get up.