Chapter 16

Ethan refused to leave my house, despite me constantly persisting that I was fine staying by myself. He was so irritatingly stubborn that it didn't take long for me to give up arguing and just let the imbecile stay. 

It was completely beyond me why he was so desperate to hang out with a sick person in the first place. 

Not long ago, I had also kicked him out of my room briefly so I could change into some respectable pajama bottom shorts. There was no way in hell I was going to let him see me half naked again. The embarrassment I had experienced earlier was enough to last me a lifetime.

We were now downstairs in the living room watching some random episode of my favorite TV-show, the Vampire Diaries. It took a lot of persuasion to get him to agree to watch it as before I had so much as uttered the full name of the show, he was whining about how he 'refused to watch such sissy crap' as he put it. 

 He finally came around when I threatened to tell Lucas that I caught him sleep talking and murmuring my name, the night I snuck into his room. He seemed to immediately shut up after I brought this up. His face went a sickly white and he sunk lower in his chair as though he wanted the world to just engulf him.

I was now sat sideways on the sofa with my legs draped over Ethan's lap. I had sneakily put them there a while ago when I couldn't find anything to elevate my feet on. I had expected him to shove my legs off as soon as I put them on but surprisingly, he didn't bat an eye and just let me keep them there.

 "Ugh Damon is so fucking hot. The stupid main character doesn't realize how lucky she is to have someone as sexy as him fawn all over her." I said with a heavy sigh, as I admired the beautiful sight of the hot male actor on the screen. 

Ethan jerked his head to face towards me with lightning sharp speed. He shot me a nasty look as though I had just spat on him before rudely shoving my legs off his lap. 

The momentum of the push almost caused me to topple off the sofa and I let out a shaky gasp in surprise and quickly steadied myself on the armrest. 

"Hey! What the hell is your problem Ethan? That's no way to treat a sick person!" I huffed with a scowl on my face. 

 "Well maybe Damon can be your footrest," he spat bitterly. His face screwed up as he said his name, as though it was poison. 

"He's not even that good looking. You have shit taste in guys," I heard Ethan mumble under his breath in a barely audible voice.

 I just rolled my eyes and rudely dumped my legs back on to his lap again. 

What? Sue me, he's a good footrest okay. 

Ethan glanced over at me with his eyebrows raised and an unimpressed look on his face. 

"I'm not taking them off so get over it" I snapped. "Also, I don't have shit taste in guys, thank you very much." I retaliated defensively.

 A scowl of annoyance stayed on his face for a few seconds before it slowly faded and his eyes lit up in excitement. "Fair point, you did admit that you thought I was the most attractive guy in the room when we played 'Truth or Dare'." he chuckled with an enormous grin on his face. 

Well fuck. I was hoping he had forgotten about that embarrassing little slip-up.

 I scoffed. "Don't flatter yourself, Ethan. I lied. I was only trying to win you back into my good books because you were ignoring me." I explained quickly, making sure to keep my tone level and calm as not to come off as suspicious. 

The happiness in Ethan's eyes quickly swiped away and was instead replaced with a dull and lifeless look of disappointment. "Oh," he said simply.