Interlude 1

I sat there looking at the ground, sure, I wasn't chained down. It still felt like it to me, I shivered, it was cold in the cell, even though outside, I knew that it was still warm. I shook my head though, it was the last thing that was on my mind right now.
I had a bad feeling about what might have happened to Liam. I didn't see him with any of the other kids that they had brought back. It only meant 2 things to me, either he had been very smart, which would not surprise me, and he had hidden with Lilly.
I knew that Lilly would take care of him and keep him safe, I had told her the exact things to do in the case of something like this happening. But the problem was, earlier that day, I had gone and dropped Liam off at the daycare.
I did my best to see if he was with the other kids, that was the 2nd worst case scenario in my mind right now. I did not see him, but there were at least 30-40 kids, and they had put a bag on my head when they saw me getting near the kids.
It was funny, they were worried about me doing something to the kids, even though I could hear them in other cells, what they were doing to the kids was absolutely disgusting. How could someone not see what they were doing was wrong? Why did someone not stand up for this?
Tony... He had to be here right? This is the same group that had attacked the other community a long time ago, that is all that they would tell me. I did not blame them, they were at least somewhat smart. It was about the only information that I could withdrawal from them.
Now, every day, I was always locked up in this cell. I tried fighting them off, once or twice. But they were men... And there were always multiple of them, it was no use. I had never gotten even close to getting myself out of here, they had this place on a secure lockdown.
I heard people talking from the other cells, most of them were women, if they weren't, they were men that had just gotten here. They were men that were going to get whipped into shape to be like the other men.
I heard footsteps walk up from behind me, I thought nothing of it. It was normal for the guards to be walking around the prison. They always told me that it was not a prison that I was in, they just had to make sure that I was ready for what was about to come.
They laughed at the last part, I knew why. I knew what they did to the women, what they would try to do to me, but I would fight them off to the best of my ability. Otherwise I would die trying. It was disgusting, how could they live with themselves with what they did to the women and the children.
Maybe they weren't even living in the first place. I shook my head, but then I turned around when I heard someone unlocked the door. I turned around with hope, that maybe someone had found me and was going to sneak me out of here. I guess I should stop hoping, I noticed that it was their leader London.
He smiled at me for a few moments, I looked at him, waiting for whatever it was that he was going to say next. I could tell be the look on his face that he was about to talk.
"Oh... Angela... We have a lot to speak on... You didn't tell me about your boyfriend Tony. Where did he go? He was with his crew, we found all of them dead, besides him."