Chapter 6: Woke Up (Tyler POV)

I was confused as to what was going on now, did no one know what was going on? This is what everyone had feared, and now that people weren't worried about it, it suddenly happens. I couldn't think straight, there was so much going on at the same time it was hurting my head.
All I knew was, Angela was right, they were coming, we should have listened to her, me including, I always thought she was still heartbroken from the loss of Tony. Now I knew, she was right, now what was happening? Was the community falling apart? Was it all over now?
I shook my head, I had to think. I nodded to myself. The guys in the small little group over to my right were laughing at the lady that had yelled far to my left. Maybe they were wrong to laugh, what she had said others had begun saying from different places to the community.
Whatever was going on right now, the word was spreading. The guy near me split apart and I moved closer in to the bush to make sure that they could not see me. All I had was a pistol on me, I should have gone to pick up the gun from the tower, it was too late now.
I had to make sure first that Shannon and all of the leaders were okay and they were safe. I wanted to worry about Liam, since it was Angela's sister, but he was a smart kid and he would find some way out of this. I had to know where my priorities lied, and that was to make sure at least some part of this community made it out okay.
I nodded, then I waited for the guys that were walking my to pass. I was tempted to shoot them, these were obviously the guys that Angela had always warned me about. The scars that were on their eyes, Angela always told me they were the group that killed or took Tony.
Maybe they had not killed Tony, I saw one of the guys carrying and big guy that was one of the wall guards, he was unconscious. Tony was a pretty big guy, I knew why they had not killed him, they were going to teach him, and train him of their ways.
I had a feeling that the guy that they were carrying would fit right in with that. I shook my head and once they had gone past I picked myself up and began heading to Shannon's mansion. It was not too far away luckily, I had been put in a house that was less than a mile from her place.
Normally I did not like it, because a lot of Shannon's crew often liked to check in on me when I just wanted some alone time. I kept on going, making sure that no one saw me. I saw one guy run out of his house, he was freaking out, I did not recognize the guy at all.
Luckily he did not have a scar on his eye, but I saw him look at me. Then I saw another guy run out of the door, and then he pushed the guy down and he spit on him. Another guy hopped out of the house and he was laughing at the guy on the ground.
I snuck down on the ground, making sure that they did not see me. I sat down beside a tree that was sitting on the other side of the street. I watched it all, I did not want to move, for fear that one of the guys might see me. But I listened in the what the guys were saying to each other.
"What do we do with this one? He looks kind of useless, lets just kill him and head back over to London. Doubt he would want a useless scum like this fat guy." Said the bigger, lighter skinned guy. The other dude laughed and then kicked the guy that was laying on the ground.
"Yes... That's what London ask, we kill these guys and bring the useful ones, we must do what master ask!" The other dude said. They began laughing once again, I watched as the guy that was on the ground tried sliding away. One of the dudes kicked him to try and stop him.
"What do you think you are doing? You got a wife or a kid... If you do... Maybe we wont kill you." The first guy said to the poor guy that was sitting on the ground. The poor dudes face had been smashed in by the guys foot it did not even look like a face anymore.
I shook my head though, I needed to find a way out of here. I couldn't just keep sitting here by this tree, I had to wait til they weren't looking in my direction. I had to get to the community house as soon as possible, the leadership of the community was the first priority by all means.
"No... Im alone, but I there is someone close by that might be useful to you!" He said, he pointed directly at the tree. I moved behind it before the guys that had him pinned down looked over at me. Damn it! Should have just tried to outrun them when I had the chance!
I thought of all my possibilities, what chance did I have to get out of this situation? Maybe I could just try and run? There was no way... They were clearly in better shape than me, I would have no chance.
There was one other way... There were so many gun shots going on, there was no way that anyone would run over to these specific gunshots. I sat there for a few moments, and then I nodded. Then I sat still and I waited.
"What are you looking at? There's no one there!" The 2nd guy said. Then I heard him kick the guy on the ground once again. I sat there thanking the heavens that the guys were stupid, but then I heard the dude on the ground talk again and I wondered why I had thanked it in the first place.
"He's behind the tree! He knows you are here!" The guy said. I then heard the guys gun click. I could not blame the guy on the ground I suppose. It was his life or the life of a guy he had never met before. I Sighed, and then I kept on listening to try and hear what they said.
All was quiet for a few moments, for a second I thought, maybe they had killed the guy on the ground because they did not believe him. I was about to go and look, but I realized that it would be a stupid idea if I did that. I just sat still for a few more moments thinking through my next move.
"Michael, you go check and see, I'll stay here and make sure this guy isn't lying and he doesn't run away... Not like he is going to get anywhere anyways." The first guy said. I then heard a softer kick and I pulled my pistol out making sure that the safety was on.
"Roger... London told us to leave some alive for the head lady so they can still keep the group." Michael said back. I heard silence for a few more moments and then I heard footsteps... This was it, I had to save myself, god knows what they will do to me.
Once the guy got up close, I then jumped from the side of the tree that he was walking up on. I did not think, that is what I was supposed to do, if you thought, then odds are that is what would get you killed... I learned that one from Angela.
As soon as I saw him I shot 3 times. The guy looked at me surprised. Then he smiled and then laughed. I looked at him a bit confused, I could have sworn that my gun was loaded! But just when I thought things had gone bad and I had shot empty rounds, they guy fell to the ground.
I saw blood falling out of his chest, the guy on the ground started cheering and the other guy looked a bit surprised. I waited, realizing that I was the one that needed to take the first shot. Odds are though, from this range I would not make it, I thought about hiding behind the tree.
But the guy started running away, I looked at him a bit surprised and a bit confused at the same time, but I did not say anything. The guy on the ground lifted himself up and jogged over to me. I looked at the guy that I had just killed on the ground.
This was the first man I had ever killed, and I felt sick just looking at the body. There was a difference between killing a human, and killing the dead. I knew that was one thing for sure. I felt like I wanted to through up, I knew I should not, the guy was clearly not a bad guy.
The guy the was heading over to me, stopped and then looked at me. He then began talking.
"Hey! Thanks! You saved me, sorry I gave you away... I just did not want to die..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, the guy was obviously a coward but I did not say anything to him. I just looked at him for a few moments and then I nodded at him.
Suddenly I heard a bunch of loud shots from not too far away, the guy fell to the ground. I jumped to the ground hoping that I had not been seen. I sat there for a few moments, if they had seen me they would be running over to me right now if I wasn't already dead.
Suddenly I heard the sound of horses trotting and I looked up a little bit and saw 2 men on a horse both with guns laughing as they shot a couple more times and the dead man that was on the ground. I was just lucky that I was not in that guys position.
I waited for them to head off on their little horse and then I picked myself up and then ran behind a house so that no one else could see me, I would have to run through the fields to get to Shannon's place.
I kept on running making sure that no one was nearby as I quickly ran into the fields and nodded gratefully to myself that I was at least somewhat safe for now. I looked at the sky and then pointed to the general direction of the community house.
I then began quickly running to it, it took no more than a couple of minutes til I was out of the field. Once I was out I stopped myself to catch a couple of breathes. But what I saw was not a good sight to see at all.
I looked and saw that the community house was just down the road and it was burning to the ground. Outside of it there were about 30 dudes all with guns and beside them Shannon was standing up while the community representatives were all on their knees looking up all at one guy.
The guy they were looking at was much bigger than the rest of them, in fact he was probably the biggest guy that I had ever seen. I sat there and began watching it all unfold.
"Shannon! I will kill half of your group and the other half I will leave here! I will choose who to take, who to kill and who to stay..." The guy said. The guy was obviously London, I had heard the people talking about him earlier. On his eyes I could see not 1 but 2 large scars.
Shannon did not say anything to him, but I watched as he then began selecting who he was going to keep and who he was going to kill. I felt a bit disgusted but at the same time it was Shannon's own fault.
She had given up on us watching for them, and now look what was going on. I felt sick but I just kept on watching as the guy randomly shot one of them every person who looked at. I felt sick just watching it and turned away, I had to make sure that they did not see me.
Otherwise, I would end up like one of them, or even worse... I might have to join them. I shivered and then looked back over, but then I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I squinted to look a little bit closer, sure enough, it was Angela.
How did she get here? I thought she was out on a mission! I stopped thinking and just watched her as she flinched each time one of the people got shot. I did not want to see it, obviously neither did she but I was guessing she didn't have a choice...
Surely she had not joined them right? I shook my head, no... There was no way, she would never join a group as evil as this one. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, but when I opened them someone was right in front of me, I did not have time to see who it was as I was knocked unconscious.

I woke up, where was I? I was on a bed, but it was not my own, which told me that I was not in a dream. All of what had just happened to me was 100% all real. I slowly pulled myself up and I saw someone sitting beside me, I realized who it was right away.
"Goodness Tyler... It is about time you woke up."