Chapter 36

Olivia's POV

"Dad! I'm home." I called out. 

"Olivia. Come in here we need to talk." 

Those words immediately made a rush of fear run through me. Have I done something wrong? Oh god, my math test, he must have been contacted about my terrible grade. I didn't necessarily fail, but I definitely didn't pass. No, why would Mr. Gordon contact my dad on a Friday evening. That was a ridiculous thought. 

I can't think of anything else that would warrant the tone he used. Lauren. My date. My date with Lauren. My date with my super attractive music teacher. He can't have found out about Lauren already. There is no way he knows. We were so secretive. The girls wouldn't tell my parents. They wouldn't do that to me. I know they are not entirely pleased, well, Ally is not entirely pleased with the idea of Lauren and I, but she would not go behind my back and tell my father. 

"Olivia?" My dad called out.

I hurried into the lounge and tried to not look so guilty. My dad was sitting on the couch and he smiled at me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He didn't look angry, not at all. He looked happy. Why was he so happy? I mean, obviously I am so glad that my dad is happy, but he has been miserable since my mum left. What has changed since I left for my date? He hasn't moved on from my mum already. She is coming back. She promised me that she was coming back.

"Hi dad." I spoke quietly. 

"Did you have a nice time?" He asked, the smile still evident on his face. I nodded hesitantly. He was confusing me. I can't tell whether he knows or not. 

"Olivia, I'm so glad you are home. I missed you." I heard from behind me. I turned around quickly. She smiled and stretched her arms out. 

"Mum!" I yelled and raced into her arms, she immediately wrapped them around me. 

"You came home mum." I mumbled against her. She pushed the hair away from my forehead and gave it a small kiss. 

"I promised didn't I." She replied. I nodded and sighed. The relief of my mum coming home has just made my night get even better and I didn't realise that was possible. 

"So, where were you? What were you doing out so late?" My mum asked after we pulled away from our hug.

"She had a date." My dad said speaking up from behind me. My eyes widened in shock. 

"With a girl?" My mum asked. I bit my lip and looked down. I wasn't sure whether she was completely okay with it all just yet. I felt my mum place her hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay. I'm still not one hundred percent okay with all of this. But I have realised that your happiness comes way before any of that." She said and gave my shoulder a tight squeeze. 

"Umm, yes. I was on a date with a girl." I muttered. I could see my dad smiling and my mum looked a little more unsure about it. 

"From what I saw from the window she looked very pretty." My dad said. I immediately started choking. He saw her. My dad saw Lauren. Luckily he hasn't met her and I don't think he ever will. There should not be a reason why those two should ever meet. I will just have to be extra careful from now on if me and Lauren were to continue with our relationship or whatever this is. 

"Are you okay?" My dad asked, patting my back. I just nodded and tried to catch my breath back. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I was just checking up on you. I did see that little kiss you two shared." My dad continued. My mum gasped and smacked my arm gently. 

"If I have taught you anything. You never kiss on the first date." She said. My mum and dad immediately started laughing. I felt my cheek getting warm.

"Awe, hun. Look she's blushing!" My dad commented and pinched my cheeks lightly. I groaned and pushed him away.

"Sit down Olivia. You need to tell us all about this date." My mum said. She then practically dragged me to the couch and pulled me next to her. My dad chuckled and went and sat in the chair near us. 

Could I tell my parents about Lauren? I didn't necessarily need to tell them that one important detail. I could leave that out of the whole story, they do not need to know that she is my teacher. I could just tell them who she is as a person. I knew they would love Lauren. They wouldn't love that she is my teacher, but as a person they would adore her. I just know it.

I could give them some truthful details about Lauren as I know I am a terrible liar. 

"What's her name?" My mum asked. I bit my lip. I could say her first name. They wouldn't know that. They would know her as Miss. Jauregui.

"Lauren." 

"Where did you meet?" My dad asked.

"We met at school." I said. He nodded and smiled. 

"How old is she?" My mum asked. Oh god. Truthfully, I didn't even know this answer. I have been on a date with a woman older than me and I don't even know how old she is. That should have been one thing I asked her. I will ask her tonight. Although, I don't think her age will be an issue, I already really like her. 

"Eighteen." I blurted out. I know that wasn't true. She definitely could not be eighteen and a fully qualified teacher. My mum smiled.

"You like older women then" she joked and nudged me slightly. I giggled nervously. 

"I guess, but she is barely older." I tried to joke back. My mum chuckled. 

"And I will be eighteen in a few months." I argued. My parents laughed. 

"What does she look like then? Since I wasn't lucky enough to see her unlike your father." My mother asked and playfully glared at my dad. Thank god.

"What was that baby?" My mum asked and looked at me slightly confused. I just smiled back. 

"Umm, she has, um green eyes. And dark hair." I said. My mum started laughing. 

"Wow, I can already picture her." My mum said. 

"That was a very vague description. Are you sure you like this girl?" My dad asked. I immediately nodded.

"Of course I like her. I'm just a little nervous." I said. My mum looked down at her lap. 

"I really am sorry. I know I hurt you and I owe you a proper apology, but I know words wouldn't tell you how unbelievably sorry I am. What I have said and did is unexplainable and definitely unforgivable. I made you unhappy and doubt yourself. You should never have felt so ashamed to be who you are. I love you. I am so sorry. Please can you forgive me? I will show you how truly sorry I really am." My mum said. She took my hands in hers half way through her apology. I could see tears brimming her eyes. I nodded.

"I forgive you mum." She immediately smiled and wrapped her arms around me. 

"So, what does she look like?" My mum asked. I sighed and leant back on the couch. I thought about Lauren's beautiful face. 

"Ooo, look at the smile on her face." I heard my dad say. I instantly blushed and hid my face on the couch. I heard my parents laughing at me for another time this evening. 

"Come on. I want to know!" My mum said, pulling me towards her. The way she was acting reminded me of Dinah. I groaned loudly and pushed her away gently.

"Fine!" I said and sat up straight. 

"She has really beautiful green eyes. Honestly, she has the most amazing eyes I have ever seen-" I started to ramble on to my parents about what Lauren looked like. The big smile never leaves my face. 

"Damn, you got it bad kid. I'm pretty sure you just described her face for the last thirty minutes." My dad said after I finished talking about Lauren. He looked at his watch and I began blushing again. I looked over at my mum and she was smiling at me. 

"I'm so happy for you." She said and kissed my forehead gently. 

"I think it is time for bed." My dad said as he stood up and stretched. Automatically I yawned and stretched as well, agreeing with him. They both gave me a kiss on my cheek and told me to sleep well before I headed up to my room. 

Once I got to my room, I pulled out my phone and saw I had an awful lot of messages. 

DJ (98)
Ally (145)
Mani (91)
Lauren (34)

Ally is going to kill me.