Part 19

Mystery POV

Peering down at my freshly done nails, I awed over the beautiful artwork that was created on something as simple as nails. I extended my coco hands and held them up to the bright lamp light, with a simple matte finish, my sharp claws matched my lavender themed wedding. My middle finger was entrusted with diamonds, I mean no queen could live without her diamonds, while my index finger had a white tribal design.

"Your work is gorgeous!"

Beaming as I complimented him, his pale cheeks instantly became a rosy red.

"Stop it...thats what I'm supposed to do."

Snickered, I realized that time was ticking away and my hair, makeup, and the traditional squeezing into my dress weren't done yet.

"Make sure I get your business card by the end of tonight. "

Winking at him, I pulled myself to my feet as I rushed to my next station. Peering around as the rest of the team simply stood stiffly in a line, a voluptuous women seemed to disconnect herself and headed towards me. Smiling stiffly, she raised her hand to quickly shake mines.

"Wow Nuni must really like you," she gently examined my nails,"he always stays on the simple side!"

Shrugging my shoulders, my eyebrows creased as she led me towards the hair station, eyeballing the numerous weaves and wigs, I scoffed as she picked up a wig and brushed it out softly. See now this is where I had to intervene, see my nails that was nothing to me, but my weave, mhm boy did I not play with my lovely looks of Filipino!

"You want me," dropping my head I looked up into her eyes, "to wear a wig?"

Slowly stopping what she was doing, her fingers ran through the stiff waves.

"That was the idea, but I mean we can work with what you already have!"

Cutting my eyes as she faked her excitement, I could tell she was trying to hard. Looking over at the rest of the team who remained emotionless, and stood stiffly to the side under Clarity' s watchful eye, I could tell that they were worried about being caught slipping. They were used to the venomous tongued of Clarity, and shit no one wanted to be out of a job.

Oh and by the way, I'm Adrienne."

Smiling as she handed me a magazine, I casually flipped through it as the soft patter of feet caught my attention.

"Would you like another drink?"

Looking up, I reached across Adrienne and grabbed my tall glass and nodded my head. Looking over at the workers, I knew how it was standing for hours with no food or drinks, shit being a church was a job you didn't get paid for.

"Oh and can you get me your 50 piece chicken and avocado dip, with whatever they want to drink."

Pointing towards the team, I reluctantly let Adrienne run her nimble fingers through my hair. Sensing my reluctance, she quickly pulled out her bright orange wide tooth comb and stuttered as she spoke.

"H-how about we do some simple wand curls, give it that beach affect?"

Shrugging slightly, I handed her the magazine and watched in delight as the my platter and a couple others were brought into the tent. Delight filled my face as the same dreaded waiter bounded towards me, placing a stand up tray in front of me he skillfully placed an oval tray and another tall glass of pina colada onto it.

"Would you like your curls spiraled or-"

"Look, just make sure my weave look better that Beyonce's, girl relax and hook me up."