Chapter 27

Blake lowered himself to sit next to me and wiped my tears away with his thumb that were streaming down my cheeks.

"I don't want you to cry over me," Blake says in a feathery tone. My crying stopped instantly but tears still remained spread on my cheeks. I stared at him with wide eyes, I still couldn't look away from his beautiful blue eyes that were taking me in and searching my features. I couldn't stop thinking how lucky I was to be looking at him right now.

And that he was alive and there and sitting right in front of me with damp black hair falling over his eyes. And all I wanted to do was hug him and kiss him and he wouldn't let me.

"What do you want me to do then Blake? All I have done is care for you and all you have done is push me away. And now you won't even let me help you." I throw my hands up in the air and stand up abruptly, turning my back to him and towards the peaceful hospital gardens.

"I feel helpless, worthless." I cry dejected and spin around to face him. "I can't do anything but cry, you won't let me." A tear fell down my cheek reiterating my point and the brokenness in my eyes was clear to see. Blake's eyebrows pinched together and his features scrunched up in pain as he stood up to stand in front of me, so close I felt his chest brush up against mine. His black shirt was splattered with water from the rain, he had changed into jeans and a t-shirt before he ran after me.

"I'm sorry," he apologised sincerely as he looked deep into my eyes and cupped my cheek with one of his hands. "I'm so sorry, I never wanted you to feel any of this, I never wanted you to care for me." The earnest truth that radiated within his gaze made my heart shatter and my lips press together to hold in the hurt this caused. He really didn't want me at all, he was disgusted that I even feel anything for him.

"Am I that repulsive to you?" I exclaimed, the hurt clear in my tone. I stepped back from him so his hand dropped to his side.

"No, just the opposite," he objected, taking a step forward so we were less than a feather distance apart again. Then he completely closed that distance and grabbed both my cheeks in his hands and pressed his lips to mine forcefully. His kiss devoured my lips, pulling my mouth into his. 

My lips remained frozen against his for a moment, shocked but when he pulled my lower lip into his mouth I responded with similar vigour, lacing my hands into his wet hair. I ran my lower lip against his and the sprinkles of the raindrops above mixed in with our kiss. My heart was beating wildly, Blake's hands were wrapped around my waist holding me to him as he kissed me like I was the most precious thing in the world.

We pulled apart and Blake rested his forehead onto mine as we both caught our breaths. I was heaving loudly completely taken aback by his spontaneous kiss and what it made me feel. Blake pulled his head back so he could see my features.

"I love you," Blake declared vehemently, staring deep into my eyes, his gaze was filled with adoration and honesty. I staggered a step back from him, my mouth dropping open in shock. But the shock was instantly replaced by a warm buzz that fluttered through my stomach and veins at his words, my skin breaking out in goose bumps and not from the rain.

My wide eyes searched his features trying to comprehend what he just said. His blue eyes were striking through his wet eyelashes and rain was splattered on his cheeks which was dripping down through the open flower roof of the pergola. His black hair was sitting at wild angles over the side of his face from him running his hands through his wet hair. There was not a spec of dishonesty on his features, only love was radiating out of his eyes as he looked at me like I was the most precious thing he has ever seen.

"You what?" I spluttered in a gasp, completely taken aback. That couldn't be right, he hated me.

"I have loved you since the first moment I set eyes on you Rose," Blake confessed. I couldn't understand how that could that be true when all he has ever done is push me away and hate me?