11 | ghost of you

Here I am waking up

Still can't sleep on your side

There's your coffee cup

The lipstick stain fades with time

If I can dream long enough

You'd tell me I'd be just fine

I'll be just fine

11

It was too early in the morning for me to be doing this. I sighed and gripped the steering wheel hard as I waited for Wade. I hadn't seen or heard from him since I dropped him at his house a couple of days ago until last night when he texted me.

I unlocked my phone and read those texts again.

Can u pick me up tomorrow? No car ://

I'm sure you have other people you can ask.

When I'm in dire need only you come to mind
Be my savior

Jared? Tanya??

-_-

Le sigh.

Is that a yes?

Why am I even talking to you rn

Please

...

It's just for tomorrow
Please

Ugh fine

Thanks
See you tomorrow

I put the phone back. Why was it so hard for me to tell him no? I glared at the 5-car garage. He obviously had more than enough means to go to school if he really wanted to. He was just wasting my time.

When he still didn't come out, I texted him.

I'm here.

I thought back to that night when I saw Adam here. Wade didn't have any problem telling me to leave then. In fact, he was way too eager for me to leave as soon as possible.

A tap on the passenger side window jerked me out of my thoughts. I unlocked the door and Wade slid inside. His hair was disheveled and he was barely awake.

Which was cemented by the fact that he actually tried to peck me on the cheek before I jerked away. My heart hammered in my chest. His eyes widened a fraction as I glared at him.

'Sorry. Habit. It was a long night,' he said as he stifled a yawn.

'I'm not giving you a ride after school,' I said as I pulled out his driveway.

When he didn't say anything, I nodded at the central console. 'You can have my coffee. You obviously need it more,' I said.

His eyes flicked down and he picked up the cup. 'Thanks,' he murmured.

I drove in silence when suddenly Wade spoke up. 'Can we make a quick stop first?'

He was sort of frowning at his phone. I sighed as I drove to where he told me. We stopped in front of a huge three-story house. Half of it seemed to be made of glass.