Chapter 13: Long Night

{G}

There's a feeling. Deep inside her chest that just won't go away. This place is dark but Ga Eul isn't afraid.

*Meow*

The sound of a cat is heard and Ga Eul looks ahead. Her Garfield like cat is standing in the middle of the empty hallway. Ga Eul remembers the way he would curl his tail up and swing once or twice. His eyes would lower and then he would hiss and pounce.

The sound of a small bell rang as her cat walked.

"Cinnamon." Ga Eul spoke squatting down to allow the cat to walk toward her and into her arms. Ga Eul watched as her cat hissed and glared as if it annoyed him that Ga Eul was calling him. Even so, he slowly climbed his way into Ga Eul's arms and immediately began to purr.

"I missed you too Cinnamon" Ga Eul laughed.

"Having fun?"

Looking up Ga Eul found Yi Jeong standing in front of her. Standing up with her cat still in her arms she offered a smile to him.

"A little." Ga Eul admitted. Smiling at her, Yi Jeong reached to pet the cat in Ga Eul's arms.

"Are you okay Sunbae?"  Her question was met with a smile and Yi Jeong shook his head.

"Will you tell me what's wrong?" She questioned.

Once again her question was met by silence. Instead, Yi Jeong reached to caress Ga Eul's cheek. Closing her eyes Ga Eul leaned into the touch welcoming Yi Jeong's warmth. But just like that, when she opened her eyes he was gone.

Looking down at the cat in her arms she sighed.

"Why is he like this even in my dreams?" She questioned.

"Dreams are portals to our own thoughts and truths Ga Eul."
Standing in front of Ga Eul was Ariel her hair was tied up in a bun and she wore a short strapless pink dress that just reached above her knees. To Ga Eul Ariel now looked like a ballerina with her flats and the way she was standing as if ready to leap at any second.

"Maybe." Ga Eul replied.

"Honestly." Jae Ha spoke dressed as a nutcracker.

"Definitely." Ga Eul corrected herself and causing her friends to smile at her.

"Come on then. You're late again. Punctuality doesn't seem to be your forte in dreams" Ariel spoke taking Ga Eul by the hand. Cinnamon jumping out of Ga Eul's arms in the process.

"Don't tell me I'll be split in half again?" Ga Eul spoke thinking of her half dress.

"No. He needs the entire you this time." Jae Ha spoke following them.

"Besides. We've already changed your clothes silly." Ariel spoke.

Looking down at herself Ga Eul was shocked to find that she indeed had changed. She was in a sky blue sparkly dress that fell a little below her knees cascading in small little uneven ripples. around her. Her hair had been curled and filled with small sparkles.

"Ariel!"

"Jae Ha"

"Wait!" Ga Eul spoke while being dragged to a familiar hallway. She could already hear music playing louder as they got closer.

"You'll be fine." Jae Ha spoke when the door opened.

There were many people around all looking at her and then Jae Ha extended his arm to Ga Eul who took it and held on to Jae Ha nervously.