12: Hello

I mentally groaned when the bell rang for lunch. The only thing I wanted to do was get a slice of pizza and then go eat with Cleo, not speak to Luca Reid. I've been talking to Cleo about him and learned that he was the king of MBPA. If he didn't like you he could make your school year miserable.

"You don't have to go"

I shook my head at my best friend, completely disagreeing with her.

"No, I want to hear what he has to say."

Cleo scoffed at my words. "Nothing out of that boy's mouth is anything worth hearing"

I tilted my head in confusion. "Why do you hate him so much. Sure he is arrogant and sometimes rude, but you seem to have something against him"

"It's not important," she said pulling out her phone, looking at the home screen. " You should go, Luca doesn't have much patience" she sneered

I looked around the classroom and noticed we were the only ones still in here. The teacher was standing by the door, leaning on the frame, giving me a sympathetic look.

I broke my ankle. It's not that big of a deal.

I quickly gathered my supplies and shoved them in my bag. Cleo handed me my crutches and held onto my elbow as I slowly got up.

"Cleo, I got it." I huffed

"You keep saying that, but you will regret it once you fall"

I rolled my eyes at her even though it had some truth to it. We continued to playfully bicker as we made our way to the cafeteria. I stopped in shock at how elegant the cafeteria or more like dining room looked.

" You're acting as you have never seen a cafeteria before" Cleo laughed, walking towards the buffet of food.

"Not like this" I mumbled

The square and circular clean white tables with dark wooden chairs made Jefferson's long plastic tables look ridiculous. The light wooden arches over the room had white cone-shaped lights that dangled over each table.

"There he is"

I turned my head towards where Cleo was pointing. Luca was sitting at the head of the table with two boys on his left and two girls on his right. It's was easy to tell who was in charge, Luca's muscular frame and his confidence attributed to his overall dominant personality. He was a hard person to miss. I glanced over to his friends and squinted my eyes trying to make out the others but none of them looked familiar, except one.

You have got to be kidding me.

Thomas Griffin was sitting right next to Luca and by the looks of it, they were in deep conversation. Thomas already disliked me, not that I cared how he felt, but I didn't need the input of his own opinions to whatever Luca was about to say.

"Good Luck"

I gave Cleo a sheepish smile before I hobbled over to their table. I was about three steps away when Luca had finally looked up. His blue eyes locked with mine and a smirk crept up his lips.

"What do you want?" Thomas sneered, following Luca's gaze.

The girl across from him slapped his arm scolding him in the process and turned towards me with a smile.

"Hi, you must be Skylar, I'm Marlee" the girl who was sitting directly next to Luca said.

She is gorgeous

She had long brown hair that fell a couple of inches above her waist, and dark blue eyes that looked like it could reveal your every thought. Her fair skin helped accentuate her dark features making them pop even more.