Chapter 4 - Tom Nook

I woke up the next morning at 6:00am, with all my things packed beside my bed, ready for the big day

I woke up the next morning at 6:00am, with all my things packed beside my bed, ready for the big day. I looked out my window. The sky was cloudy, and the air was cold.

Suddenly, There was a knock on my front door. I opened it, and there before me was Sable. "Come." she said smiling "let's go for a walk."

I quickly put on a coat and came outside to meet Sable, who had already started walking down to the beach. I ran to catch up, and we both sat on the shore, watching the waves crash upon the sand. The mist in the air was cold on my face. Neither of us had to say anything. 

We both knew that I was leaving today. Sable didn't seem to be as worried as she did before, and as I looked at the ring that was on her finger, I knew that everything was going to be alright.

Sable finally broke the long silence, "What time are you leaving?" she asked, her eyes still fixed on the rolling waves.

"In an hour."

Sable leaned her head on my shoulder and shivered. "Please be careful,"

The sand was cold and so was the air. Sable got closer to warm herself up. I watched as the sea shells disappeared and reappeared with each tumbling wave. 

As the water receded, I noticed a small hermit crab struggle as it made its way to a shell that looked slightly larger than the one it was currently inhabiting. The waves were rough and harsh, but the crab was relentless in switching over to a larger, more spacious home. As it slid out of its original shell, the wave crashed upon it, taking the small hermit crab along with it. 

"We shouldn't stay too long." I said as I shivered from the coldness of the mist. 

It was 6:30 in the morning, and we decided to leave and collect my luggage to bring to the bus stop. I picked up both suitcases, but Sable insisted that she help carry one, so I let her. When we finally reached the bus stop, Sable and I chatted for a bit while we awaited for the bus' arrival.

"So," said Sable. "What's the first thing that you're going to do when you reach the city?"

"Well, I have to find Redd first. Then he'll take it from there."

"Promise me that you will write to me frequently," she said with desperation in her voice.

"I promise," I said clutching her hand.

Suddenly, a big yellow bus, which seemed to come out of absolutely nowhere, drove up to the bus stop and came to a screeching halt. It was time for me to leave. I took one last look at the town that I had spent all my life in, and headed towards the bus.

"Wait!" cried Sable from behind. She ran up to me and squeezed me in her arms. I then dropped my suitcases, and hugged her as well. Tears began falling from my eyes, and Sable began to cry.

"Don't worry," I told her. "I'll be back."

There came a honk from the bus driver, and our conversation ended. I picked up both suitcases and boldly walked to the entrance of the bus. With the two doors opened, I stepped inside. I greeted the driver with a friendly "hello" then took a seat in the front. To my surprise, the bus was empty. The only people in there were me and the driver. He then closed the doors and got ready to roll.

Realizing that I was just about to leave, I turned my head to look at Sable out the window. She smiled and waved at me as the bus drove off. As Sable began getting further and further away from me, I started to speculate wether or not I could go through with this. I waved back, and before I knew it, The bus had driven up a hill, and into a dark tunnel. She was gone.

"... Yar there, ye squidlet!" said the driver. "Do ye be headin' to the city?

I was startled by his sudden speech, "Yes," I answered.

"Well then ye remember to smooth them eyebrows. Yar har har har HAR! Just a wee joke, sprat. Ye looked so peppy, I had to trim yer sails a touch."

I gave him a smile and turned my attention out the window. We drove out of the tunnel and before us was a very long road. After about 40 minutes of driving, the bus stopped in another town. This town looked just as rural as the town I came from. Waiting at the bus stop was an old female boar who seemed to have a bag of turnips on her back, and a young blue and white cat. They both entered the bus. The Boar took a seat near the middle of the bus.

The cat came over to me. "Hello, my name is Rover, would you mind if I sit next to you?"

"Not at all," I said moving my suitcase to make room for him.

"This may seem sudden, but do you know what time it is?"

"It's 7:40 am," I answered.

"Thanks," he replied while setting his watch.

Rover talked for a really long time. I began to regret letting him sit beside me. Ironically enough, I began to hear less and less of him until I could not hear him at all, because I must have fallen asleep.

----- Author's Note -----

If you enjoyed the chapter, please support it by voting!