Chapter Thirteen

"You'll be okay." I said as I ran my fingers through Lee's soft hair.

It was lunch and we decided to head outside for the rest of the half an hour we had. I was sitting on a bench with Lee's head laying on my lap and the rest of his body was curled up on the bench.

"This is a big match and scouts are coming to check us out too." Lee said anxiously while playing with my free hand that was resting on his stomach.

"I know but you're so good at soccer so don't worry and just play your heart out." I told him and he smiled up at me.

"You're right. Thanks precious." He said and I grinned.

"You'll be at the game right?" He asked.

"Of course! Anissa and I are going to come and cheer for our boys." I said cheekily and he chuckled.

"Isn't that your soon to be step sister." Lee asked looking towards the trees that were surrounding the school grounds. I looked as well and noticed Mira sitting on the grass a few meters away from us leaning her head on a tree trunk behind her and listening to music with her eyes closed.

"Yep that's Mira." I answered.

"She goes here?" Lee asked curiously.

"Yeah it's her first day today I haven't seen her till now though." I told him my hand still  running through his hair.

"Wait isn't that the douche who tried to ask you to prom?" Lee said with a hint of bitterness in his tone.

I looked back and it was indeed Darius who was walking towards Mira with a very familiar red rose in his hand.

He patted her shoulder and she looked up at him and got up.

They said a couple of sentences before he gave her the rose which she accepted with a small smile.

She nodded at what he said as she took the rose and he grinned. After a couple of more words exchanged between the two Darius walked away from Mira with a satisfied smile.

Mira sat back down and stared at the rose for a couple of moments before shrugging and putting her headphones back in.

"Wow. That jerk couldn't even come up with something new." Lee said and I chided him for being rude but internally agreed.

He could have come up with a new way but oh well.

"Should I be worried that he's taking her to prom? He was kinda rude the other day." I said worriedly and Lee grinned up at me.

"Already feeling protective for your soon to be sister." He teased and I flicked his forehead.

Hard

"Ouch!" He yelped rubbing the now red spot and I instantly felt bad.

"Sorry I didn't mean to do it that hard." I said apologetically.

You totally did.

I ignored my conscience and instead lent down and gave his forehead a kiss.

"It's okay now that you've kissed it better." He said and we both started laughing.

"Come on we should go to our locker the bell is going to ring soon." I said and he groaned but got up anyways.

We walked back to school and Lee grabbed my hand and made his way to his locker.

"I need to give you something." He said with an exited smile as he opened his locker.

He grabbed something and handed it to me. I glanced down at my hands and looked at the soccer jersey with the name Jenson and the number four.