Chapter Five

Lee drove us to the park and we were walking around when I noticed something.

"Is that an ice cream shop?" I said excitedly pointing to a shop that was a few meters away from the park. Lee looked at my excited face with a soft smile and followed to where I was pointing.

"Yes it is. Do you wanna go there precious?" He asked and I nodded.

Once we entered I immediately went to see all the flavours.

"What should we get?" Lee asked as he followed me to where the ice cream was displayed.

"I love cookie dough and chocolate." I said. "What about you?"

"I want chocolate and vanilla." He said and then we ordered. He got both in a cup while I got one scoop of cookie dough and one scoop of chocolate on a cone.

We walked out of the shop and went back to the park where we found a bench to sit on.

"Sooo..." Lee trailed off nervously after taking a spoonful of ice cream.

"Soo?" I asked licking mine.

"Are you going to prom?" He asked and my smile dropped.

"Oh um no actually." I said chuckling awkwardly.

"Why not? It's senior year!" He frowned.

"Umm..." I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to tell him the real reason I didn't want to go.

I didn't even tell Anissa the real reason.

"It's stupid.." I muttered and his face softened.

"There's no way it could be stupid. You don't have to tell me but you should know that nothing you say will make me think it's stupid." He said bringing his hand to pat my hair.

"I don't want to bring up Jace on our first date." I said rubbing my hands nervously.

"Well he's already brought up so might as well continue." Lee laughed and I realized he's right.

"Right. Okay so even if me and Jace were falling apart, ever since we got together I had this perfect prom planned out in my head. I was really exited about it and than when we broke up just two months before prom well it kinda made me not want to go anymore. I told you it's stupid..." I said  while rubbing my face embarrassedly.

God I hate situations like these.

"It's not stupid Arabella." Lee sighed and rested his empty cup next to him and scooted closer to me so his arm was around my shoulder.

"If you don't want to go to prom then that's fine." He smiled and I looked up at him.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"But I want you to know that I was going to ask you. And maybe if we went together it wouldn't be the perfect prom you planned but I would definitely do everything to make sure your night would be amazing." He told me and I beamed at him.

"That means a lot to me Lee. Thank you." I said and he gave me a charming smile and hugged me tight before letting go and getting up. He went and threw away his empty cup and I hurriedly finished my cone.

"Come on! Let's go take pictures!" He said and motioned for me to take his hand and I did.

I laughed as he dragged me to the fountain and we took many pictures. I took his pictures and he took mine and we took many many many selfies. He even saved one of our pictures as his wallpaper saying how cute it was.

After taking pictures we were just walking on the grass and Lee had interlocked our hands again with a shy smile. I loved the feeling of my small hand in his big warm one.

Suddenly Lee dropped in the middle of nowhere and laid down on the grass.

And because he was holding my hand rather tightly I fell down with him.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a laugh and he shrugged giving me a cheeky look. "Looking at the clouds. Come on! Lay down with me."

After a moment of hesitation I decided to just do it.

So there we were two teenagers laying in the middle of a park during the middle of the day staring at the clouds.

"I'm really glad you agreed to come today." He said. "This is one of the best first date I ever had."

My heart soared at his words and I had to agree. I never felt this connected to someone like I do with Lee. And it's only been a week.

"Me too." I murmured staring at the beautiful sky.

After the best couple hours of my life Lee drove me back home. We drove back in a comforting silence. We both had huge smiles on our faces that wouldn't disappear.

Once we arrived at my house Lee hurriedly got out of the car and jogged around to open the door for me. He again put his hand to protect my head. He's been doing it all day and I loved it

"I had a lot of fun today Ara." He said nervously. "Oh can I call you Ara? I noticed a lot of people call you Bella but no one calls you Ara. And I like it."

"Yes you can." I grinned. "I had a lot of fun too Lee."

To say I was nervous was an understandable. I was beyond nervous.

Was he going to kiss me?

Lee grabbed my hand and pulled me to his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head in my neck. He swayed us from side to side for a couple of moments before pulling away from the hug but keeping his arms around me. He looked at me with a soft smile on his face and stroked my cheek with his finger and lent down.

He softly kissed my forehead and then dropped his hands from around me.

"I'll call you later tonight okay?" He whispered and I nodded, my face beet red.

The kiss he gave me was enough for me. I wasn't disappointed at all.

In fact I leaned in too and kissed his cheek and squeezed him in a hug one last time before hurriedly climbing the porch of my house and going in.