Chapter Six

Sunday morning, I woke up to a sweet good morning text from Lee. We spent the rest of the day texting every chance we got and when night came he called me and we spent almost two hours talking and flirting before he fell asleep.

On Monday Lee and I hanged out after school at the same cafe we had our small lunch date the previous week but this time we ate muffins and had a study date. It was mostly me studying and him resting his head on my shoulder while listening as I recited the information to him.

On Tuesday he picked me up in the morning and brought me a beautiful red rose which he managed to tuck into my hair. He had kissed me on the cheek telling me I looked beautiful and then drove me to school. Despite the looks my classmates gave me I kept the flower in my hair the whole day.

On Wednesday we didn't really get to see each other since he had soccer practice in the morning then at lunch I had a study session with Anissa in the library and after school Lee had to pick up his little brother from school. We only managed to have our nightly phone conversation.

But other then that we spent a lot of time together but it was okay because we both loved spending time together and getting to explore this new feeling we were experiencing.

When I stepped into the cafeteria on Thursday I was swarmed by Anissa and her questions about Lee and I. We had texted about it but apparently she wanted every single detail.

As we were talking I noticed something was going on in the middle of the cafeteria. When I looked over I saw a girl in my math class asking Jasper a quiet shy nerd in our year out to prom.

One of her friend was holding a sign over his head that said: Prom? with a huge grin on his face.

The sign was decorated with a lot of cute stuff that probably only the two of them knew the meaning of.

We moved over so we could hear what she was saying.

"Um yeah so do you wanna go to prom with me?" I was so shocked to hear her stumble over her words.

She's usually so confident and outgoing.

I looked at Jasper and saw he had a look of shock on his face and he was a flustered mess.

"Me?" He asked dumbly pointing at himself and I silently laughed.

"Yes you, you dummy! Who else?" The girl I think her name was Mia exclaimed.

"Um okay. I'd uh love to go with you." Jasper said, still in a daze and I heard a few chuckles here and there.

My heart suddenly felt heavy and I looked over the cafeteria and spotted Lee and Marcus who were sitting with some other boys amongst the crowd also paying attention to the promeposal.

I looked at Lee's expression and he was just smiling like everyone else. No hint of distaste.

Still I couldn't get it out of my head that maybe I should just go to prom with Lee.

What if he was right? I would definitely have a blast if I went with him. And it's not fair to him either.

I didn't think Lee was going to take another girl after we started going on dates and talking.

At least I hoped not.

We went back to the table and I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Anissa asked.

"Nothing it's just... do you think I should go to prom with Lee?" I asked unsure and she smiled brightly and nodded her head.

"Oh my god, yes! You should come! Marcus told me that Lee said he's just going to go with his friends and not take anyone cause the girl he wanted to take didn't want to go." She told me with a knowing look in her eyes and I immediately felt guilt.