7: Best Friends Or Lovers?

This is like a different/alternate meeting. In this one TK and Carlos are best friends, and have been since the first day of kindergarten. Well, now they are in high school and they both have feelings for the other. They don't know the other one has those types of feelings towards them, so they just keep it as friends till one Friday night.

Monday evening
Carlos' point of view
I took another quick look at TK, only to meet those emerald green eyes already looking at me. "You trying to cheat off my homework? That is the fourth time, I've caught you looking at me." He said as we both looked up from our math homework that Mr. Park just can't help, but assign every night. "Nope, I was just wondering how far behind you were." I said smiling at him, before laughing at the offended face he made. I hate to say it, but I couldn't possibly love him more than I already do.  "Carlos, you know for a fact I'm better at.... what subject even is this?" He said as he had to glance back at his homework. "Oh, I'm better at math." He said smirking at me, and I just shook my head. "Really, how far in are you?" I asked looking at him, before he gave me a childish grin. "Oh, I'm about 6 inches in. Now back to the homework, I'm 13 questions in." He said laughing at the end about his dick joke he made. I couldn't help, but roll my eyes at him. "Well, I'm on question 19. So ha, I am better at math." He just shook his head, before he stood up from the kitchen table we were sitting at.

"Do you need another water? Also, I'm very offended you didn't even react to my joke. Usually I get at least a smile, is my charm just wearing off on you?" He asked as he walked towards the fridge. "Yes, please. And I did give you an eye roll, if it makes you feel any better. The charm, no it's not wearing off you have it just as strong as you always did." I said, as I smiled to myself. I mean I'm not lying the charm is still there clearly, but he thinks I'm talking in a joking way. If only he actually knew. "Good, so how much more homework do you have left?" He asked as he glanced over at my now shorter stack of homework. "Well, 3 more math problems. Then I have a social studies paper, and a science worksheet on chemicals and their reactions." I said as I looked through the papers, before looking up at him. "What do you have left?" I asked as I place my papers back into a neat pile. "Well, this stupid math homework because I lied I haven't done any of it. Then I have 12 questions on that stupid book we read in English class, and then I'm all done."

He said, before reaching over to grab my unfinished homework. He looked through them quickly, before looking at me with a smirk. "What is that look for Tyler?" I said as I smiled knowing he hates to be called that. "I'll do yours if you do mine for me. Please, you know I slept the whole time we should of been reading that stupid book. You have the two classes that are easy for me, and I have the ones that are easy for you. Please." He said almost pleading with me, and I can't say no to him. "Fine, honestly I should expect this by now. I mean 12 years of being friends with you, and every time we do homework together this happens." I said shaking my head, as I reached over and took his unfinished assignments. "Yeah, I don't know it's just a gift you can never say no to me." He said shrugging, before he started working on my science homework.

Half an hour later
"Finally!" TK yelled as he wrote the fine answer on my science paper, and we heard Owen in the other room call back. "TK, use your inside voice please." He said as he finally rounded the corner into the kitchen, before realizing I was here. "Hey, Carlos. How are you doing kid? I feel like I haven't seen you in a while." He asked as he walked to the fridge before grabbing a water. "I'm doing good, and yeah it's been a little while since you've been working later hours. How are you doing?" I asked hoping I sound polite. When him and TK's mom got divorced just over a year ago he started working later hours, so he could be home in the morning in case TK needed anything. His mom hasn't came round much, since the divorce got finalized. They got in some fight, after the divorce was done but TK hasn't told me about it.