Book 2- Chapter 5

"That's why epiphytes are bryophytes..." Mrs Marcy was saying when we disrupted her class. "Andrea and Jonah why are you just coming in?" She asks us and everyone in the class starts whispering. I know it looks weird for me and a guy to barge in in the middle of a class. I hope rumors don't start circulating soon.

"She was helping me with an assignment and we didn't realize that time had gone" he says. She believed him and told us to sit down. I take a sit and the class goes on.

The first week of school finally ended and today is the bonfire. I'm not as excited about it as my friends, but I'm happy I'm going out.

The evening is cool and breezy. I wear a jeans short and red hoodie, braid my hair down and put on some snickers. I'm going to pick up Vicky the we'll meet with the rest there.

Jonah became friends with the rest of us. We're like a clique or something. I wonder if he didn't have friends before or if he ditched them cause he started seating at our lunch table and hangs out with us.

When I get to Vicky's house, I send her a text and she comes out 10 minutes later. "What took you so long?" I ask her when she gets in.

"You should've called. Not sent me a text!" She says and I roll my eyes, driving off. It's already dark outside and the city looks beautiful.

We met up with our friends and lit the firewoods gathered to make s'mores. Music was blaring from speakers and people where dancing around.

I saw Richard and his goons. When we made eye contact, he quickly looked away. Ever since the incident with the roaches, he's been behaving like a human. I smile to myself. I should've done it earlier.

"Let's dance?" Jonah says to me and I nod a no. "Why?" He whines. "I can't dance" I say to him. "That's a lie Maddie. We know you can dance." Vicky says. Sometimes her and Bianca call me Maddie . I allow only both of them to. That name is very special to me.

"You know what? Let's all dance" I say rising to my feet. Everyone joins me and we begin dancing and laughing. We limboed, hands on each other's shoulder. Other people started joining us and it became a long line of teenagers doing the limbo.

I got tired and decided to go back to our fire place leaving the rest behind. I saw a note beside my purse and when I opened it I knew it was from Richard from his handwriting.

It said
'Nice one Maddie..' and yes he calls me Maddie no matter how many times I told him to stop.
'...but don't forget I have more dirt on you. I know your weak point or do I need to remind you of what happened in Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas or do you want otherwise?" I start to shake remembering what happened.

I was just 14 and we went for a class trip to Vegas to see the Shark Reef Aquarium. The night before we returned back, Richard told me we should go to a strip club. We were dating then and he said that it'll be one of the experiences we would have as a couple. He came along with two of his friends but told me I can't come with my friends. They got me drunk and videoed me stripping completely. One elderly man thought I was working there and wanted me to give him a special treatment. I was foolishly drunk and went with him until I was stopped be someone that worked there. Richard and his friends just kept on laughing.

I didn't know about it. When I woke up the next morning, I could only remember going out with him and having some drinks. Then when he started showing his true colors, he showed me the video. I can't imagine that video going viral and he's right. The video he has of me is far worse than the one I have of him.

I stand up to leave. I just want to go home. I make eye contact with him again and this time around he looked back at me, with a smirk on his face. As I walk to my car, I stagger. I'm not drunk, I haven't even had a drink. I just feel dizzy. The place gets blurry and I fall down. I expected to hit the floor down but someone catches me. Then my eyes close.

Adrian's POV
I see that mean girl that thinks she can bully everyone. I'm about to walk away when I see she's not walking right. I move towards her and she falls on my body. I thought she was drunk but she didn't smell of alcohol.

"What's going on?" Kyle, a friend of mine asks.
"Get me water" I say to him and he runs off. He comes back with 2 bottles of water and we empty it on her and she wakes up, gasping.

She's surprised to see what's going on and she stands up quickly, her hand on her head. "You passed out" I say to her and she tells me "thank you."

"I think we should take you home" Kyle says. She leads us to her car and enters the back seat. I take the key from her to drive. "I'll handle it. You can go back to the party" I say to Kyle and he walks away.

I get into the car. "So where do you live?" I ask her and she murmurs her address. I drive her to her home and park her car. "Thank you" she says getting out. I lead her to the front of the door.

"You can go already" she says, dismissing me. "I'll wait until you go in. You're not in a good condition." I say to her.

A woman opens the door soon. That must be her mother. She looks worried seeing her wet and weak. "She passed out. I think she's sick cause she wasn't drunk" I tell the woman and give her the car keys.

"Thank you" she tells me and walks inside with the mean girl. I don't even know her name. I hail a cab to take me home. What a day.

******************************************
What do you think about Richard and his threat?
Adrian was nice with her but still thinks she's mean. Will anything change?
Vote and Comment
Mavi✨