T W E N T Y F O U R

Alison

             Usually, I sleep in until very late or until someone else wakes me up, but not today.

Instead, today I woke up at exact 4am and started pacing up and down the room.

It is my wedding day today! My freaking wedding day!

If you would've told me about a year ago that I'd be getting married today I would've probably looked at you crazily and laughed, already deeming you as sick.

Yet here I am, about to get married.

At least I've been doing my pacing in peace as Penny down right refused to have Leo and I sleep in the same room, saying how it is bad luck to see the bride before the alter.

At first, when I was pacing around, I was having nothing but good thought, then for some reason, my mind spiralled out of control and I started thinking of the bad that might happen, like a tornado or something equivalent to that.

That was two hours ago. Now I'm just lying on my bed with my back and looking at the ceiling. I tried counting sheep but that didn't work. I tried eating cookies with milk but that didn't work. It's like I'm wide awake, ready for action.

Suddenly, at exactly 6am, my door bursts open and in comes Penny, Blaire and the glam squad with a lot of bags and suitcases.

Both Penny and Blaire halt in there steps when they enter, and since they were in the front, it caused Dimitri and Zoe to bump into their backs.

"Well, I thought I'd have to use this to wake you up but seeing as you're already awake I'll save it for another time." Penny says holding a large water gun and places it on the chair.

My eyes widen at that. "On my wedding day, seriously?" All she does is shrug.

I roll of my bed, thankfully without falling on the ground, and walk over to them. "So what's first?" I ask.

Zoe looks at me with a smile and says, "Well we've called a group of people to come and pamper you for about an hour or so just to give you a glow."

I nod, feeling fairly excited at the thought.

"They should be arriving right about now." As if on cue, someone knocks on the door and Zoe opens, and in comes about ten people with equipments for their spa.

Blaire and Penny are both grinning at me. "Let's start the preparation shall we?"

~~~

When I was young, I wished for one thing on my wedding day, and that was to look like a Queen, not a princess, and that's exactly what the glam squad did.

They transformed me totally.

My wedding dress is a ball gown type of dress, with a very fitted laced top and a heart shaped on the chest. My make-up is a very clean type, just the way I like it. And I think my bouquet is the highlight. It is red coloured and very long, trailing to the ground.

This one I'm definitely not throwing it to the single ladies, but instead I'll throw the second one, a plain small white one.

"You... you look beautiful Ali," Penny says with glassy eyes.

I shake my head and chuckle, "If you start crying then I start crying and then we'll both be a mess."

She laughs and nods. "Okay. In that case I'll just go outside and scoot for good looking men in suits." She suggestively wiggles her brows to which I just laugh and playfully hit her arm.

"Only you could turn my wedding into that," we both laugh and Penny makes her way to the door. But before she goes out, she turns and quickly walks over to me and gives me a tight hug.

"I'm proud of you. You're the strongest woman I've ever met for dealing with your problems with such ease and never giving up." She pulls away and smiles at me. "You really do deserve happiness." And then leaves.

I look at the mirror and smile through my teary eyes. Yes, I really do deserve happiness.

Right after that, my door opens and in comes someone. I don't turn around and check who it is as I'm busy admiring myself.

"You sure know how to clean up." The familiar voice makes me turn and hurriedly walk over to the person and hug her tightly.

Mary.

"You're here, you're really here." I whisper before letting her go.

She's dressed in a nice simple red long dress and has no sleeves. She looks beautiful as always.

"Of course, you didn't think I'd miss your wedding day no did you? And since that ass of your father won't be walking you down the aisle I thought I will." She explains.

Oh my goodness, I even forgot about my father walking me down the aisle, and now I'm actually happy that he won't be here but instead it's her.

I place the bouquet on the chair nearby and hold her hands, "Thank you very much Mary, I appreciate it."

She shrugs like It's nothing and smiles. "It's time, and after this maybe you can finally talk about why I haven't heard from you in years."

Shit, I know for a fact that we're in big trouble.

  Her and I continue walking until we reached the church which was only a short distance. In cue, the music started playing and the doors open. As soon as the doors open, people instead rise up and look my way.

Don't trip, don't trip.

My eyes focus on a very handsome Leonardo who is trying very hard not to smile. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at that. Typical.

But I can't help but feel as though the world immediately stopped right then and there, and it's just the two of us, in our own universe.

When I stop in front of him and the pastor, Mary whispers something in Leonardo's ear which makes him to widen his eyes and nod.

I don't have time to register what just happened as the pastor starts the program, the program that will seal the deal.

~~~

The part is on full swing with people dancing left right and centre, some are already drunk as day and some have made new friends. But as for myself and my new husband, we've been dancing together like there is no tomorrow, well that was until one of his friends called him over.

Of course that required me to step out of my ball gown and wear my simple long white dress.

"So how do you feel being Mrs O'Neil after what, 3-4 months?" Penny jokes about it as she sips on her fifth drink this night. How she's not drunk puzzles me.

"Well, I'll have you know that it feels pretty good, exactly how I imagined it." I say sarcastically but chuckle regardless.

I start looking around the room searching for Leo but from when there's no sign for him. "Hey, have you seen where Leo is?"

She points behind me and there, dancing with his niece, Valentine. I watch with a smile as he twirls her around making her throw her head back and laugh. They both seem to be having fun.

That makes me see far in our future, if he doesn't end this. I'm sure he'll do great.