S E V E N T E E N

Chapter 17
Alison

The night of the ball dance has finally come and to say that I look like a mad woman will be an understatement.

I don't know what possessed me but I decided that tonight I'll do my own make-up by following YouTube tutorials.

How hard will it be? - I asked. Turns out it's pretty hard because now my eyebrows are thick and dark, my eye lids are heavy with shades such as pink, white, purple and even gold. My cheeks are so pink you wouldn't see if I'm blushing, and my lips... well let's just say it's dark red and glossy.

All in all, I look like a mad woman.

"What am I going to do?" I mumble out to myself as I pace around my bathroom.

I tuck my robe tighter trying to think of how to fix this mess. There's approximately 3 hours until we have to leave.

Then suddenly, an idea makes its way in my head. I could try to call someone, and that someone cannot be Penny because she sent me a video of her club of choice, and that was just an hour ago, so I'm sure wherever she is she's wasted.

Instead, I call Blaire.

It rings a few minutes before she answers. "Hello? Alison?"

"Yeah, I'm listen I'm caught up in something and I kind of need your help." I start.

"What kind of help?"

"Regarding make-up actually and I don't have much time-" she cuts me off before I can say anything else.

"Say no more, I'll be there. Just send me a picture of your dress." She says and hangs up seconds later.

After doing as she says, I sit down on the edge of my bed and take out my phone deciding to scroll down Instagram.

As soon as I do that, a picture of Leonardo and I pops up on one of these celebrity page with the headline "Wedding Bells For Bachelor Leonardo O'Neil".

It was a few days ago when he decided to take me out to a fancy restaurant. Of course it was just a publicity stunt to show the media that we're actually a couple. But it doesn't mean that the dinner was awkward either, we actually got to know each other better. Sharing laughs and all.

"Did someone call for a make over?!" I hear Blaire's voice yell before my door opens widely.

She stops dead on her tracks, eyes wide as she takes in whatever I did. "What the hell? Were you going to a circus audition?" She yells in horror.

I ro my eyes at how dramatic she is, "It's not that bad."

Blaire raises her brow at me, "Oh really now?" She pulls my arms and shoves me in front of vanity mirror.

I cringe at my appearance, "Okay it is bad." More than bad.

"It's whatever because I'm here now and I'll turn you from blam to glam."

"That's not even a thing."

"Shut up and sit down!"

~~~

It took Blaire exactly three hours to "fix my problem" and let me just say, it worked!

My hair nest of a brunette hair is now neatly straight and shinny. My make-up is natural with a touch of red lipstick. She also brought me black high heel and a black handbag. Both matched well with the dress.

"I, I can't believe it." I gush as I look at myself in the mirror.

Who is this girl staring in front of me. It certainly doesn't look like someone with not only daddy issues but mummy issues too.

She looks like a strong woman who is capable of conquering anything she comes across.

If only.

I can't even handle the fact that I'm living with a handsome millionaire who I can't catch up with his emotions. Yet, I can't catch up with his emotions and everytime I think about him, I feel funny. Maybe he just makes me sick, bad sick.

Yes, that's it.

"What's wrong?" Blaire snaps me out of my thoughts. I look at her with a big smile and teary eyes. "Oh honey, don't cry or else you'll ruin my make-up."

I chuckle and nod. "Fine let's just go, I'm sure Leonardo is impatiently waiting for me."

This almost felt like a movie. You know when a girl descends down the stairs and her date is waiting down there for her looking as handsome as any day to make her hot.

Yep, that is definitely happening to me and let's just say the only thing I keep chanting in my heard is, "don't fall, don't fall or you'll make an idiot of yourself."

So there stands Leonardo in a simple black suit but I swear in this moment, I don't know what's making me see him as handsome as ever with his black hair pushed back neatly and bulging biceps. He's ocean blue eyes pierce through mine, taking in every aspect of my being.

I feel my cheeks redden at that. "Don't fall"

"Hi," I say as I stand in front of him. Because of his tall height, I have to lift my head a bit.

He doesn't say anything at first, but eventually does. "Wow," he starts off. "You look... very beautiful. Like an angel."

My cheeks become even more red. "You too." My eyes widen. "Not that you're beautiful too or you look like an angel. You're actually as handsome as always. Well not that I've noticed before but I'm just saying that you're handsome now. Ugh, not that you've been ugly but..."

Then suddenly, he cuts me off by planting his lips on mine and that definitely shut off my rambling.

His soft lips move swiftly with mine. The butterflies in my stomach are probably having a party judging how I'm feeling right now. But the kiss doesn't last long until Leo break it and moves back, lips red from my lipstick.

He flashes me a genuine smile and says, "Shall we?"

•••••••••

This is officially my first update of the year. Yayy!

It might be too late but happy new year my fellow wattpadians!

Also, Alison's dress is posted on chapter 16 on the top in case you need a visual.