E L E V E N

Chapter 11
Alison

The beautiful morning sunrise and tweeting of birds along with the nice chilly wind make it seem as though life is peaceful, but that is actually the complete opposite of what my life is.

It has been exactly a week since Leo and I went to Celeb Dot Com and let me just tell you that the media has been blowing up with headlines like:

"Can Leonardo and his fiance, Alison, be America's hottest couple of the week?"

"The years of being a bachelor has finally ended for America's billionaire, Leonardo."

"Alison White, is she here for just the money?"

Of course that was not all they had to say, a lot more talkshows and magazines, along with newspapers, talked about us adding their personal favourite picture of Leo and I kissing.

But somewhere along the lines I've become...numb to everything happening. It's honestly amazing how just a few weeks ago my life was ordinary, now I'm the talk of the town.

Because of the number of paparazzi roaming outside the yard, Leo strictly ordered me not to leave the place. As if I'll go anywhere.

So now here I am, stuck in my room with no one to talk to excluding Liz and Blaire occasionally checking up on me.

Ding Dong!

I hear the sound of the doorbell ring downstairs from my room. I sit a couple of seconds thinking that someone will get it until the person starts ringing it viciously, annoying me at the end.

With a rough groan, I walk downstairs until I get to the door and roughly open it. To say that I was genuinely surprised will be an understatement.

The person who was viciously ringing the doorbell was none other than my best friend, Penny.

"Ahhhhh!" She exclaims excitedly and throws herself at me. It only takes me a few seconds to register what's actually happening and when I do, I wrap my arms tightly around her frame.

Suddenly, she pulls away and shoves me. The happy mood is now gone, replaced by an angry one. That's one thing you should learn about Penny, she changes her moods quickly.

I frown, not knowing what just happened.

"You were supposed to call me the moment you arrived here Alison and you didn't! Instead, you spend three weeks in New York not calling, not texting or anything! I thought that you're dead, honestly. I even had to go down the station and report a missing person's case but when they heard my reason, they shut me down. Rude if you ask me." She rambles on and on. Then suddenly her mood changes to a sad one. "I thought that you've forgotten about me, it felt that way too. I felt abandoned, alone. Thought that maybe you got a new best friend."

My heart clenches as I hear her reasoning. If I were her, I'd also be mad.

Once again, her and I hug but that time I was the one who pulled her in. "I'm really sorry Penny, no words can ever describe how sorry and ashamed I am." I whisper in her ear and pull back with a small smile. "Anything that might cheer you up?"

Penny grins largely, a sinister grin might I add. "Well..."

~

You know what, I should have never ever asked that question. Especially if it involved me getting dressed into a black tight mid-thigh dress, paired with Penny's stilettos which I don't think I'll be able to walk in. She has even painted my face with makeup and curled my hair.

Trust me when I say that I tried refusing but it all ended in vain because right after she said we're dressing up, she pulled the guilt card and set it right on the centre of the table.

Maybe this would be a good lesson to never utter something along the lines of: "I'll do anything..."

So, if you're wondering why I'm dressed like this, well the answer is that Penny is dragging me out to clubbing. But first we're going to tour New York since Penny doesn't know it, well I don't too. Afterwards that's when we'll go night clubbing.

Yay!

"Can't we at least stay home and binge watch? Leo has an amazing tv room upstairs." I try my luck hoping she'd cave in, but instead she shakes her head.

"Nope, we're going out and we're going out now!" Penny states in determination. "Plus you still owe me for not telling me about how hot your husband is." She bumps my shoulder as she says that.

I roll my eyes and sigh. "He's not my husband." I mumble.

Penny wiggles her brows with a smile and says, "yet."

Damn this is going to be a long day.

~

So far we have been touring New York for about 6 hours now, and I have seen places I wouldn't have seen soon.

It was now 17:00 and Penny and I are now in club 101 which is a very popular spot to hang out in New York might I add.

It is in the CBD area, the building is quiet big with large men standing outside of the building as bouncers and the only way to avoid standing on the que is when you either know someone big or reservations, and let's just say Penny used the fact that I'm engaged to Leonardo as a way in. You should have seen the look on the bouncers' faces when she told them that small fact and how they reacted.

"Stop daydreaming, I've bought us each two shots to start the night." Penny exclaims happily as she places the tray of four shots on the table.

I shake my head. "No, I'm fine. You can have mine though." I push them to her.

"What?! No! You're drinking these and you owe me."

I stare at her for a few seconds before caving in, I mean I do owe her that plus it's been a stressful month so far so one night of drinking won't do any harm.

We both take a shot each and down it, letting the burning feeling past our throats. As soon as we're done with the first one, we drink the second one too, quickly chewing on a piece of lemon afterwards.

"Whooo!! Let's get the night started!" Penny screams in excitement.

For the first time tonight, I push away my thoughts and let the night take me away.

~

"I love it when you call me Senorita, I wish I could pretend I didn't need ya'."

The night has gone from high tempo to a slow tempo. I don't know how I lost Penny but I did along the way. Now I'm just swaying my hips from side to side with my hands on my hair.

The shots weren't the only drinks I downed. With three more glasses of Sex on the beach and two glasses of vodka and coke, my head was spinning and I soon found myself in my own world.

Suddenly, large hands touch my hips, a body moving with the same pace as my body. The familiar tingles and sweet scent causes me to recognise the person as Leonardo.

My mind is already at ease for me to actually question why he's here, so what I do is snake my hands at the back and cup his head, and swing my hips along with him.

"I didn't know you could dance like this amour." Leo whispers in my ear causing a shiver to go down my spine.

"There's a lot you don't know about me Mr O'Neil." I press my back harder to his front causing him to groan.

We continue dancing side by side for the rest of the song, Leo's large hands continuously tightening on my hips from time to time.

When the song ends, I let go of Leo and turn around taking a step back to look at him better. Familiar electric blue eyes lock eyes with mine. The way he looks at me sends a feeling of intimidation. It's like no other.

Why do I feel this way about him?

Without noticing, Leonardo has wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close, his hot breath fanning my face. "You're very beautiful, Sunshine."

My God, I think my heart just stopped for a millisecond.

Help me!