Chapter twenty-four

Chapter twenty-four:

One hour ten minutes.

That's how long I have been in my bedroom doing nothing but blankly starting at the wall. I have no thoughts. No emotions. No feelings. Just an empty mind that has been through a lot. After having that argument with them, I just came into my room and sat on my bed. After that, no tears left my eyes.

I blink my eyes.

One hour twelve minutes.

No one decided to show up. Not that I wanted anyone of them to, but a part of me expected dad to show up and engulf me, and whisper me the way he used to when I was a kid and was crying after I fell down my bicycle.

"Shh, it's okay. You are a strong girl, Sloane. You will heal and you will try again."

One hour fifteen minutes.

I am exhausted from all of the mess I am going through. I can't handle this. I can't be strong anymore. I don't know how many wounds I have to even heal. What is healing? I don't think I am worthy of that shit.

One hour twenty minutes.

There's a knock on my door. I remain silent. The doorknob rolls and a head peeps into my room. A familiar face. A very familiar handsome face. I stare into his eyes blankly and look away toward the wall, again.

"Sloane?" He whispers and comes in before closing the door. He walks and sits in front of me, blocking the view of the white wall.

"You don't seem very good. What happened?" He says in a soft voice while searching for my gaze.

I shake my head. "It's nothing, Caleb. I'm good. Oh, I am great," I say sarcastically. He sighs and pulls my hand in his. His long fingers brush on my skin, making my heart flutter. Just a simple touch and I am already filling up with all the emotions.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asks.

"No. Just stay here with me."

He pulls me into a hug and brushes his hand through my hair. "I am not going anywhere. I am here for you," he whispers in my ear. I hug him tighter, not willing to ever let him go. He pulls me on to his laps. I straddle him with my legs.

"Thank you, Caleb," I say and we pull apart. He offers me his small smile and I stare at his soft plump lips as he stares at mine. My fingers are playing with his hair as his fingers are running in circles on my back.

Eventually, both of us lean in for a kiss but before our lips could touch, my phone rings and we flinch before backing away. I'm sure I have turned red as I climb down his laps and take my phone from the nightstand. I hear him curse and I stifle a chuckle.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Selena asks from the other line. Oh, my. This girl knows exactly how to ruin a perfect moment. I don't blame her, though.

"Nothing. Why?" I ask.

"Ellie and I are going shopping for the camp. You, in? Caleb can come as well. I know he is with you," she says as I imagine her grinning at the phone.

"All right. We are coming."

"Great. I'll text the address of the mall." She chirps before hanging up. I keep the phone aside and look at him happily.

"What?" He asks in a monotone.

"You're coming to shopping with us!" I declare. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"No, no. I am not going."

"You are! C'mon, Caleb. It will be fun!" I cheer.

"Oh, hell no. You girls take hours for doing that shit. I am not coming," he tells me.

I frown and make the best of my puppy eyes. "But I don't even have a car and you said you'll be there for me."

He slumps his shoulders. "All right. Fine, whatever. Don't make me regret saying those words," he gives up.

I grin. "Yay! And that's the reason why I..." I trail off, realising what I was about to say him.

"You...what?" He asks before smirking.

"Uh, um, nothing! Let's go. We are getting late!" I change the subject.

°•°•°

Ellie tried seven dresses but none of them I impressed her, either it didn't have the perfect colour or it was of the last season. As for me, Selena and Ellie want to choose my outfits after they are done with theirs. Caleb and Charles have found themselves a seat to sit on, tired of standing and holding their dresses. Caleb's reaction after the denial of the fifth outfit was priceless.

Another hour passes by when Selena and Ellie approach me for the shopping of my clothes.

Finally!

They pick me a yellow sundress with tiny florals and single strips to hang on my shoulders. I had to deny that dress, not because I didn't like it, but because it wasn't the campy type of outfit.

After the rejection of third dress, Selena picks me a grey t-shirt that said Tryna hike which I know would match perfectly with my shorts and a sweater to hang on my waist. She agrees and gives it to me.

Ellie hands me black leggings and beige oversized fluffy jacket which I have decided to buy at any cost. I go in the room to try the black leggings which fitted me perfectly. I come out after wearing the jacket to see Caleb staring at me along with Ellie and Selena praising my look saying that it was made for me.

I look at Caleb, expecting a word from him. "You are not wearing those," he says coolly while eyeing my leggings. Selena and Ellie decide to not interfere and leave to pick other outfits.

I frown. "Why not?" 

"I am not explaining why but no, you are not gonna buy those leggings." He doesn't budge.

I fold my hands over my chest. "Either you tell me or I'll buy it."

"Fine, buy it but don't expect me to be a complete chill after every guy stares at your curves and the ass that you have. Don't get mad if I start punching someone, then," he replies nonchalantly.

"W..what?" I am taken aback by his answer.

"You heard me."

Before I could reply, Selena and Ellie burst in with another fifteen outfits to which Caleb makes an are-you-serious expression and walks away as I burst into laughter along with Selena and Ellie.

( Thanks for the spam of likes anisha874. Don't forget to read her upcoming book, guys!)

 Don't forget to read her upcoming book, guys!)