Chapter-8

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Swara's POV-

After reaching mom's place, I went on to spend time with bua and Amayra di.

They were fun and accommodating and accepting. Then after, at ten in the night, they left for their home.

" Mom, I'll leave foe home now." I said to mom as we bid bye to them.

Initially I had planned to stay the night but I really wanted to talk to papa about the possibility of having a puppy!

" Beta, don't worry. Aditya will drop you." Dad replied.

" No dad. I can manage. There are a lot of cabs around here." I said.

" No beta. It's not very safe because it is already ten and also, Aditya is now your husband and it is his responsibility as a husband to make sure that his wife does not take any pains and is safe." Mom countered.

" But...." I started.

" Do you have to argue with everything that is being said for your own benefit?" My so called husband addressed me.

Not wanting to create a scene here, I agreed to go with him and we sat in the car.

" Don't you think that I agreed because you scolded me. I agreed because I did not want to start an argument with you in there. I did not want to upset mom and dad." I clarified so he does not think that I lost.

" Swara, no one is your enemy here. We are just trying to make sure that you are okay." He said, frustration evident in his voice.

" What? No enemy? You are the biggest enemy of my life." I replied, rolling my eyes and started looking out of the window.

" I am not your enemy." He said, visible hurt!

Shut it Swara....why will he be hurt? He does not even care!

" Sure." I said and took my tongue out at him.

So mature!

" Wow! So mature of you." He replied sarcastically, voicing my own thoughts.

" What is your problem?" I asked him, irritated.

" Your attitude." He replied, not angry but.....amused?

" Okay Mr. this is how my attitude is and I do not plan on changing it. Also, you need to really stop treating me as a child. I am eighteen for god's sake!" I said, exasperated.

" Yes Swara, I know that you are eighteen. You have mentioned this quite a several of times in the past week." Mr. Arrogant Bitchy asshole said.

" Exactly! And you did not understand the meaning for being eighteen.....so let me explain it to you. Being eighteen means that I am an adult and can perfectly take care of myself and do not need anyone to take care of me." I explained him.

" Now you listen to me....carefully. Just because you are eighteen does not mean that you have grown up. Yes.... you are mature but that is not the same thing. Every person of your age thinks that now they are adult....they are ready to conquer the world if set free but the truth is that you were protected in the environment, like in a shell for so long surrounded with parents, friends and school. If you think that this is real life....you are badly mistaken. In the real life, people are cruel, shrewd and just waiting for an opportunity to exploit you. This shell which you have had been guarded by for so long makes you think that this is real life which is not." He lectured me.

" Wow! Amazing.....this is the exact same speech which papa gives me. Where did you learn it from?" I asked, sarcastically.

" This is the difference.....a grown up would understand what I just said and just an adult would pass sneaky remarks." He replied and I rolled my eyes again and turned towards the window, trying to ignore him.