Warmth

Jorge's pov
I don't know what I did wrong?

My mind was racing. Had I just fucked everything up? Our friend ship?

who am I kidding, that was no friendship

It wasn't quite a relationship either

Does he even like me like that?

My thoughts were soon interrupted by the a knock on the door. I rushed over to it, desperate to get out of my head. I opened it to see a lanky, tall, pale boy. He had long hair, blond at the top, and fading to brown at the bottom.

"Uhm- Sorry, I , I'm new here and I think this is my cabin?" He said. I looked down and he had a key.

I shook my head.
"Nope, only two people per cabin. But yours is actually right next door." I said. He sighed, and lowered his head.

"I'm jorge, by the way." I said. He smiled.

"I'm noen." He said. I nodded.

"Well I hope you find everything alright." I said. He thanked me and walked off.

He was kinda.. cute?

I shook my head, remembering that there was a crying boy upstairs, and headed up there.

But when I reached the stairs, I was met with benji, pacing back and forth, talking to himself, with tears falling from his face.

My face softened.
God the feelings I have for him.
"Hey," I spoke softly, not trying to startle him. He jumped, nonetheless, but wiped his tears and looked at me.

"Hey. I'm-um- I'm really sorry about what happened. I freaked out and I probably freaked you out and I'm really sorry. I just don't think I'm all that comfortable y-" he spoke, but I wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly. He melted into it, placing his head on my shoulder, having to lean down in the process.

I rubbed my hands soothingly up and down his back. I heard him sigh, and we pulled apart.

"I should probably get ready for bed." I said, and began to walk to the bathroom, but he stopped me by gently holding my arm.

"Wait- I- uhm." He spoke," could we maybe cuddle? Like when we go to bed?" He said.

I blushed, and nodded.

"Y-yea, yes! Of course." I said, trying to calm myself down.

He smiled, and put a hand on the back of his neck.

"My bed or yours?" He asked. Which I was fine with either , really. Both beds were queen sized, which was unusual for bunk beds, but hey, bougie camp, am I right?

"Yours," I said, deciding that I would love to be enveloped in the smell of benji. God that sounds good.

-
I had gotten out of the shower, with a large shirt plopped onto my torso, and light grey boxers hidden beneath it. I climbed up the ladder to benji, and slipped into bed next to him.

He was watching gravity falls, but acknowledged my appearance. He moved over, and I slipped under the covers. He instantly turned towards me, and wrapped and arm around my body, pulling me closer.

It smelled amazing. Like vanilla, and cookies, but also like slight musk.

He turned our lamp out, and snuggled his face into mine.

"Hey benji," I asked, and he replied with a simple hum, that I felt rumble through his throat, and vibrate onto my head.

"Why are you so afraid to be gay?" I asked, hoping it didn't come out offensive. Realizing it probably did after his silence.

"Shit, I'm so s-"
"Don't be." He said, cutting me off. " I guess, I guess it's because I was raised that way." He said, and took a pause.

"Not only by my parents, but by the people surrounding me. Kids at school. My friends. Neighbors with their 'harmless jokes'." He said. My heart ached for him. I grew up in a pretty understanding house hold. My mom always told me I'd find the perfect one for me one day. The one I'd love the most. But she never made it specific to any girl. And when I came out, she baked me a cake, and made it my 'official coming out day'. If I think hard enough, I can remember the smile on everyone's face. It was comforting, and the fact that he didn't have that made me upset.

He sighed.
"I guess I just thought it was wrong. One day while I was out playing basketball on the playground, this kid bumped into me. I was knocked down onto my hands, and got a little roughed up. I looked up at the kid, and the light behind him made him look.... pretty. I shook it off though, and told myself I must've been having a heat stroke," he said. 

I looked up at him, the darkness shielding my vision a bit, but still being able to see him slightly.

"But things like that kept happening. When I was watching high school musical with my friends when it first came out, and they were all fighting over sharpay and Gabriella, I was fawning over zac. Or when I was playing spin the bottle at a party, and it landed on a guy, I got all nervous. But then everyone around me were like 'chill out benji, we weren't going to actually make you kiss him," he said, and I felt a tear drop onto me from his face.

"Hey," I said, leaning up and wiping the tear off of his face.

"Don't cry, baby please don't-" i stopped, realizing what I had called him.

His smile glistened in the dark, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"I like that." He said, and put a hand through my hair, curling it around his finger. I leant into his touch.

"Call me it again," he said. His fingers were working methodically into my scalp, causing bliss from the massage.

"Baby, baby, baby," I mumbled, lost in the movement of his fingers.

He stopped moving his fingers, and looked at me, making sure I was cautious of what he wad going to do.

He pulled me forward and kissed me, our lips interlocking with each other's. He pulled me back using my hair, and our lips made a soft 'pop' while separating.

"Goodnight." He said, and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight," I said, and cuddled up into his body, and quickly fell asleep.