Proud

I opened the door of the cabin and walked straight to the fridge. I noticed jorge and Olivia on the couch.

"Hey Jorge," I said, as I took the milk out of the fridge and poured a glass.

"Hey benji, how did it go?" He relied, turning through volume on the tv down just a little.

"Nice, I made the team, how did your day go," I said, then sitting down on the dinning room table and drinking my milk.

Olivia was looking between both me and him rapidly with a smile.

"Good, my drawing ranked number two in the whole class," he said, gushing slightly. A part of me really wanted to see that drawing, and see what was making him so happy.

And another part of me was telling myself to just stop thinking so much about him.

I don't even know why I'm doing it.

"Sweet dude, maybe you can show me it sometime?" I said, not realizing how it sounded.

Jorge blushed a deep red, and smiled sheepishly. Olivia's smile grew wider.

What is going on? Is there something on my face? a

"Yeah," he replied, taking a breath in, "I can do it tomorrow at viewing?" He asked, his voice better a little higher.

"Sure ,Jorge, just come get me when you're ready," I said, finishing the last gulp of milk and putting my cup in the sink.

"Hey benji?" Jorge said, his body now fully turned towards me from the couch.
"Yeah?" I replied, rubbing a hand through my hair, as a weird and undefined nervousness settled over me .
"You can call me Jeyjey," he said, and then the nervous feeling washed away.

"Oh, okay, Jeyjey." I said, smiling, and then made my way up the stairs to fall asleep.

Jorge's pov
Olivia looked at me, her smile wide. I smiled back and then we both squealed.

She took both of her hands and shook me with them.
"Jorge! I'm so proud of you!" She said, and then stood up to grab her shoes.

"Thanks, me too," I blushed, and then held the back of my neck.

"I have to go, but tell me how the viewing goes tomorrow," she said, about to exit the cabin.

"Wait, has, uh, has Abby told you what happened between us?" I asked, nervously playing with my fingers in fear of her choosing abbys side.

"No- what happened?" She said, instantly dropping her shoes from her hand onto the floor, and coming over to me.

"I- well. She was flirting with ehm, you know," I said, getting quiet as to not alert benji.

"Right," she said, nodding to tell me she was listening.

"Well she said she thinks he likes her, and so we got into a fight about how I told her I liked him first and she said well we just let him decide and so I don't think we're friends anymore," I said, suddenly getting a whole lot more sad about the situation than I was before.

"Oh jorge," she said, and then hugged me.

"Don't break apart your friendship for a boy, it's not worth it. Tell her how you feel tomorrow and maybe she won't be mad anymore," she said, and then released me from her grip.

I nodded and waved her goodbye.

I hope Abby doesn't hate me, we've been friends since my first year here, I just hope she understands.

I walked up the stairs to find benji fast asleep on top of his comforter , with no blanket on him.

I took the folded blanket at the end of his bed and draped it over him, and moved his hair out of his face.

He's so cute when he's sleeping, and his hair is so soft.

I went back to my bed and got under the covers.

God, I really really wish he liked me.

But little did Jorge know, benji was trying his hardest not to .