Confession

Ying Yue went towards the abandoned mine that they've sealed from the first war. It was not that far from General Sun Bin's residence and it was the perfect place where she could merge again to perform 'Quick Steps'.

But that was after she settles it with the shadow that had followed her once she left the Northern General's residence.

She threw the '1st Prince' token she had on her waist and the shadow had formed to the shape of a man to capture the token.

"Would respectable Commander General like to fulfil the promise now or wait until we've reached the palace to perform in front of all the audience?" Ying Yue lazily said this but there was a serious glint in her eyes.

Li Jian walks forward, facing Ying Yue just a few steps away from the girl when he looks at her from head to toe then toe to head. Ying Yue was considered quite tall for a female but facing Li Jian who was taller than her, this was nothing.

Ying Yue could see the confusion in his eyes so she sighs and introduce herself, "My name is Ying Yue, daughter to General Ying Jun. My other name is General Yin".

She then took out her red and white mask and wore it on her face. It was evident she is General Yin.

The confusion was then dispelled and Li Jian looks at Ying Yue asking, "Why are you revealing this to me?"

Ying Yue gave a fake smile, "If Your Highness was honest to me from the start then I should also be honest with you. I would like to fight fair and square and nothing in between, which is why I told you the truth"

Call it a warrior's code but Ying Yue only wanted to fight with Li Jian as Ying Yue and not under her fake disguise as Yin.

But she was worried that Li Jian would not face her seriously as once revealed she is a female then the opponent would tend to use half of their power, thinking the female would not be strong.

"I hope Your Highness can fight to the fullest as what I am thinking is none other than a fight to the death"

Li Jian was surprised, he did want a fight and would have wanted it to be a fight to the death when facing Yin but knowing that it was actually Ying Yue, a female made him think otherwise.

Why did Ying Yue offer this condition? It was because she takes the fight seriously that she would even die if it can protect her nation. She was loyal and fierce to the bone.

Ying Yue took out Element from her waist and face it towards Li Jian, "Shall we fight now?"

Without waiting for his reply, Ying Yue made the first strike which was blocked by Li Jian's sword, An.

Ying Yue then merged with the lightning element and proceed to make multiple hits that were so fast, Li Jian barely manages to block them all thus he suffers from small cuts.

Pissed off, Li Jian also merged with darkness and parried as well as attacked Ying Yue.

One bright, one shadow had moved beyond the human speed that their movements could not be caught by any living being's eyes.

Now, this is more like it, Ying Yue was excited that Li Jian could be provoked by her constant attacks.

Li Jian knew Ying Yue was serious but he did not have the mood to fight at the moment. He unleashed a pillar of darkness that surrounded him and Ying Yue backed off towards a safe distance.

Once she was far away, Li Jian then became normal again and sheath his sword back as he said, "I didn't say yes yet. Let's delay this fight to when we've reached the capital".

Ying Yue felt a bit disappointed but nodded in agreement "Alright then, I also have a matter to deal with at the moment. See you until then".

With that, she flashes away back to the Capital. Leaving Li Jian who was in deep thought.

Usually, he would have gone with the flow and even continued to fight. When did he have the mood to say no to battle?

When he first saw Ying Yue, An had warned him about his brother being close by so he expected a young man in a red and white mask.

But the one that appeared was a beautiful female who had a light skin tone that was protected by her armour, there was a determined look in her eyes that people can't help but look up to her and her red hair made her delicate face stands out.

Even now watching the female's back as she left had made him feel a loneliness that he could never think to have.