| T. Muichiro & Yuichiro x Reader | Rescue (Mafia AU)

I'm writing so damn much for these two lmao.
This was rushed and reads like trash forgive me :P
I've just had the Beastar (dontcallmeafurry) op on loop while writing 😂

• • •

"Goodbye!

I love you two!

So...

Don't get lost...

Okay?

It's dangerous out there..."

When she had spoken those words with her sullen face and fearful eyes, it was clear that it's out of a genuine concern for their safety. Yet despite it all, those emotions were lost to the boys.

The twins were too young to truly understand how frightening the world could be, and so, they merely looked at their friend and smiled. Both placing a hand on her rosy cheeks in an attempt to calm her.

"We'll be careful!"

They were not careful enough...

The two young boys had walked hand in hand in the darkness of night, their hearts light and free, their bodies weak and small. And one wrong turn was all it took for them to wander to a street too dangerous for children of any kind.

The Ghetto.

A black market in every sense of the word, a place with no laws and a constant sense of violence in the air. The second the twins had wandered in there they were prey for the taking, and it didn't take long before some group of criminals had gotten a hold of them. Locking the two up in some dark room, their limbs tied up, their bodies tied to each other.

"Think these kids would fetch a nice price?"

"They're identical so I'd say yeah, healthy too."

"Hey, didn't some big shot contact us looking for a pair of identical twins? Get in touch."

The two spent quite some time in the darkness, bound by rope, blinded by cloth, and never had they feared for their life quite like those wretched hours of absolute hell.

Murmurs of adults with raspy voices, the occasional opening of cage-like doors, even the clinking of metal chains. The twins were at a complete lost as to where they were.

Their time of utter helplessness was only cut short in some way with the arrival of a complete stranger.

"I suppose these will do. I can't continue being picky knowing how much time I have..."

It was only at the sound of those words were they finally allowed their senses back, blindfold removed and mouth ungagged, the first thing they did was check on the other. The man had chuckled at the sight.

"Well, well, well, would you look at these two. This question almost seems unnecessary for me to ask but I suppose it would not hurt...
Answer me this: Do you trust one another?"

It seemed like a simple question, and in a sense, it really was. However, the answer could have very well determined their lives. And would saying yes, being honest, destroy them they wondered...