| I. Obanai x Reader | Reluctance [2/2]

| • Your 3rd Person • |

When Obanai had assigned [Y/N] her mission two days before the predicted date she was rather unsure, the plan was to have him be there for her big moment on their special day; but it really wasn't anything to fright over, she'll escape the cave and when the third day comes she'll go back to meet with Obanai and slay the demon in front of him. Just a little change, she'll even get two days off.

One complication though.

Bloody fists collided with the stone wall for the thousandth time but the poor thing knew that it was pointless, the demon had her trapped.

She couldn't get out.

The entrance had been the place where [Y/N] camped at for a good part of the last three days, the reason being that if she stayed there she'll know the second when Obanai comes back. But with the demon always finding her no matter the location and her having to flea, the woman's efforts were practically in vain.

Collapsing on the cold floor she groaned, three days, little food, little water, little rest. And all this for a master that was pining for another, leaving only the same pain he felt in his wake.

Why was she doing this?

A sound echoed throughout the cave, its sound so minuscule that no one could have heard it if they were anywhere but right next to it. And it brought fright to the Kinoe, her eyes startled alight as she took in every detail around her.

Was the demon near?

Was she in danger?

Why does her face...?

With cold shaking hands she touched her face and warmth briefly kissed her skin. She was crying, the sound was only a single tear meeting ground.

Her heart raced though it was anything but with good reason. Why was she crying?

Tears continued to fall as she tried to stop them, but she couldn't. They kept on coming.

And she didn't know why.

Yes the situation was rather frustrating but why was she crying? These tears should be saved, she ran out of water hours ago so this was only hurting her.

And she almost laughed at her thoughts.

Some priorities she had.

Food was gone, water was too, her body was weaker than it ever was and all this for a little promise for one person. One person who couldn't even bother to remember their little special day.

Iguro Obanai, honestly. Why was [Y/N] at this point trying? He would call her an idiot for waiting for him or maybe even say that she failed him.

She really should just get this over with.

But even with the thought of freedom the Kinoe couldn't bring herself to move, the promise of something else bound her to wait.

The promise of an embrace and a simple "you did so well," from the person she's come to respect so much over the year. And the same person who's she had foolishly fallen for.