Chapter Twenty

The silence in the school was scary as usual and since it was the second and also the last day of the test;the students did their tests fast so as to breathe sighs of relief.

When it was 11'0 clock,senior students were seen lazily around while SS2 science students were talking excitedly about the upcoming excursion.

They had gone for one in their SS1 but it seemed like they were more excited like it was the first time.

"I really hope you reach the first 20" Joshua said to Semiloore and the latter grinned.

"Why?" Semiloore asked.

"You kinda studied hard at least" Joshua replied

"Kinda?" Semiloore asked again.

"You slept most times but the times you were awake,you were really serious" Joshua replied.

"Hmmmm" Semiloore said nodding her head.

"Have you packed yet?" Joshua asked.

"She hasn't,her lazy ass" Nathaniel supplied with a small laugh.

"How do you know that?" Joshua asked.

"We are both lazy,you haven't packed either" Semiloore defended as she poked Nathaniel in the stomach.

"Ouch!" Nathaniel said faking like he was in pain "That was totally uncalled for" Nathaniel added.

"Who said so? You called me a lazy ass first" Semiloore replied.

Joshua glanced at John then at Christian.
"Hmmmmm....am I the only one who feels lost?" He asked.

John shook his head "Nope"

"Same here" Christian said.
.
.
.
.

"Hey Tam" Nath said.

"Nathaniel,been a while" Tamiloore said.

"Yeah" Nathaniel replied.

"Except occasional greetings we really haven't had time to talk" Tamiloore said with a small smile.

"Maybe because we have nothing really to talk about" Nath replied.

"I agree with you" Tamiloore added.

"So....you wanted to see me for?" Nath asked.

"Semiloore" Tamiloore replied and Nathaniel adjusted his legs.

"Semiloore? What about her?" Nath asked.

"She's my best friend and after my mom,she's the second person I want to protect all my life. She might be lousy and irritable all the time, might be overbearing and even at times childish but that way I even love her more;she's very delicate and different from a lot of teens out there,not everyone understands her,its like she's tired of explaining herself to people over and over again. As strong as she might look to you,she isn't actually strong at all,as long as she has those walls up,she can shatter her teeth all the way and on the outside everyone thinks she's fine but actually she's on the verge of collapsing but these days,she's been actually happy and I agree with mom that changing of environments was a good idea for us" Tamiloore said slowly taking her time.

Nathaniel nodded as he pursed his lips "So why are you telling me all this?" He asked.

"This excursion" Tamiloore replied.

"What about it?" Nath asked.

"Can you just watch out for her for me?" Tamiloore asked with pleading eyes "We have things we have hidden from everyone and sooner or later everyone gonna know;they aren't exactly bad stuffs but you guys might not expect it, you guys are going to Lag which holds a lot of painful memories for us,for me,for mom,for Semiloore. Please just be around her huh?" Tamiloore asked.