19

By the time I finally fell asleep, it was already morning and I woke up to the sound of Wes shaking my body. "Your mom told me to wake you up," he whispered sitting on the edge of the bed. "I think she made bacon," I cooed. And the smell of bacon was tempting to run straight into the kitchen, but I only got an hour of sleep and I wasn't in the mood for greasy meat. Who am I? Since when am I not drooling at the thought of bacon? "Come on, you can't sleep all day," he laughed as I pulled the blankets over my head. "Fine I'll just have to eat bacon for the two of us."

I groaned and sat up as I rubbed my eyes and sluggishly slid off the bed. I didn't say a word to Wes, I was mad, confused, and just grumpy due to the lack of sleep.

"Well looks like someone slept hard," Joe laughed at my zombie persona.

"Wouldn't hurt you to comb that rats nest either," mom chuckled putting a plate in the center of the table. I rolled my eyes, I didn't look that bad did I? I subconsciously looked at myself in the mirror that was above a chef in the dinning room, gross I thought noticing the bags under my eyes and my pale complexion.

We all ate our breakfast and carried on small talk through out the bacon ritual. I stayed quiet for the majority of the time, but Wes talked my parents ears off, so I don't think anyone really noticed.

I walked back into my bedroom as Wes followed behind me. I forgot that I had to entertain him all day, it wasn't like I could just go home and ignore him like I always do, this is practically his home for the next few days. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked shutting the door and walking up to me.

"Where did you go last night," I blurted our before calculating on what to say.

"What do you mean?"

"I went into your bedroom to talk to you and you weren't in there. You snuck out."

"Oh, I had to make a phone call. I was back in the matter of 10 minutes. Is that what you're upset about," he asked pushing his hair behind his ear.

"Kind of. I feel like you just do some sketchy stuff sometimes," I admitted causing him to widen his eyes and laugh.

"Well, I promise to not do any sketchy things today," I swore holding his hand up like a Boy Scout. I couldn't help but chuckle. "So are we going to the lake today?"

"Do you want to?"

"Hell yeah, I want the full southern experience," he then left for me to put on a bathing suit. This time I made sure that the red bikini wasn't near me. So today I decided to put on my blue high waisted bikini, full coverage. "I'm ready when you are," he knocked on the door.

I walked out and lead him out the door. I unlocked my truck and told him to hop in, "This is your truck," he asked surprised as if he's never seen a girl drive a black lifted truck before. Oh wait. He probably hasn't. I laughed at the confusion his face gave off as he climbed into the passengers seat. "You look like a punch buggy."

I rolled my eyes before driving out onto the dirt road. "I'm really confused about your music style," Wes commented. He wasn't the only one confused about my musical preferences. I blasted country music the entire drive there, since Wes did say he wanted the whole southern experience. "I'm not sure if I like this," he admitted to the Blake Shelton song.

"And what do you listen to," I asked.

"Rock and Rap."

"Well that's why you don't like it. You're not used to songs that talk about women respectively," I laughed. "Also you haven't listened to Queen of Country yet." I then turned on Dolly Partons 9 to 5. A good classic song to start with.