Chapter-25 : culpability

Ailsa PoV:-

Jack turned back and starts leaving. I ran after him while Harley leaned against the wall with a smile.

"Jack wait... jack let me explain..."I grabbed his hand to stop him from leaving.
"Ailsa you cheated on me... you were making out with my boss and I saw this. How you gonna explain this? Cheating can never be justified." He said in outrage.

"Jack actually.. He forced himself on me he blackmailed I swear....it was just he is my ex- fiancé and..." before I could complete he started at me fuming eyes and asked..

"Oh you are his 'ex-fiancé' ... tell me truth Ailsa you were with Harley the night I was in meeting and yesterday too?" I could sense the anger and pain in his voice.

Tears starts falling down my eyes.. I glared at the floor and nodded my head in shame.

"Huh... that's it... Ailsa we are done" he said and left in anger.

"JACK PLEASE STOP" I screamed and ran after him. As soon as I reached outside hotel he was gone. I fell on my knees and burst into tears.

"Never thought getting rid of him would be this easy" Harley said from behind.

He walked up to me. "Since he is gone... now you don't have to worry about him anymore, come with me baby" he stretched out his palm towards me.

I stood up in anger and slap him tight on his face. "ITS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU... HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID... I SHOULD'VE TOLD JACK ABOUT YOU EARLIER... ITS RUINED ALL BECAUSE OF YOU" I screamed from top of my lungs.

And the next moment he grabs me by the throat and presses His mouth violently against mine , biting my lip so hard that I am sure He must have drawn blood. He tightens grip on my throat, and I fall short on breathing. I was choking and I passed out.

Jack PoV:-

I never thought I have to ever come across a moment where I will red handed catch my wife and boss. I felt more miserable that I felt when Rosalie left me. I went straight to my father's mansion.
"Jackson what happened? Is everything all right? You look devastated."

"Nothing dad... I was missing you. At least I have you now that means I have my family" and I burst into tears. As a man we are told that men are not supposed to cry, and believe me I never did. But today I lost, today I lost all of this. What sins I have committed to go through this?

I slept at my father's mansion yesterday. I woke up in the morning with a call.
"Hello Jack it's Merida. Is everything okay?"
"I don't know"
"I heard gossip in the office, people are saying that Ailsa , you and Harley got involved in an argument last night."
"Yeah... it's a long story. Ailsa cheated on me with Harley."
"WHAT? Is this is why you and Harley didn't come to office? And where is Aisla?"
"What do you mean? She must be at home."
"No I went there at the morning and servant said she didn't came home since last night."
"WHAT?... then she must be with his lover"
"Jack think with all your senses.... we know Ailsa better than anyone else, in fact you share greater bond with Ailsa than any of us. Do you really think that she could do this?"

My eyes widened... Merida words hit me hard. Somewhere I felt like she was right. What if she was indeed In a problem?