Chapter-4: Welcome party

"Hey listen everyone tonight is welcoming party of our new C.E.O 'Mr.Harley Westergaard Bostwick" Kendrick announced.

Ailsa POV:-

*At welcoming party*

"Even though I'm your C.E.O but feel comfortable around me when ever we are outside office" said Harley

"So tell us about your love stories....first love ? an employee asked . (Out of all other things why did he needed to ask this)

"Well, a long time back ago I fell in love with a gorgeous girl... she was as gorgeous as Ailsa (everyone went silent and looked at me, I sat frozen praying that he won't reveal our past... as jack was sitting beside me).... Merida , Jannet,Maria , Punzie and every other employee of our company" he further continued. (I sighed with relief)

Everyone burst into laughter and then he continued "I loved her a lot and was about to marry when I had to leave for overseas and the she moved on... so I moved on too now I only wish she have a happy life" Harley said with a little smile... Harley is such a nice person.

"And now he have me..." added Punzie hugging Harley. I turned my head to Jack and he looked devastated. Merida instantly knew this so to cheer up his mood she shouted "okay okay hold up everyone... beside having a new boss we also have a newly wed couple sitting with us ... so a couple dance is must"

I hesitated a little , but then Jack grabbed my hand softly.. and whispered in my ear "we can do this" and smiled.

"Yes a dance...is must c'mon Jack .. I have heard about you that you flatter a lot of girls around you.. now let me see if it was dance that made your (he paused for a second and breathed heavily) wife ... to fall for you" Harley said.

"Isn't it weird he have heard a lot about Jack..."

"Ofc why wouldn't he.. Jack is his girlfriend's ex"

I overheard people gossiping about Jack... I don't know why but I felt bad..because even though I was Jack's wife but it always seems like his heart only belong to one woman and that was...'Rosalie'

Jack's POV:-

I  felt really devastated when I saw Punzie talking about her and Harley.

I and Ailsa started to dance... and after few moments we were dancing in our own rhythm as if no one else was there.

"Thank you" I whispered in her ear.

"For what?" She replied.

"For always lightning my mood and making my life more bright" I said ... but I said it quite loud that people around us heard me.

Ailsa blushed ... and it made me flutter.. while everyone cheered us.