Chapter 3

Saturday night, Yibo just came back home after he had a hangout with his friends. As usual, he'll  comes to Xiao Zhan's unit instead of his own. He opens the door.with the card Xiao Zhan shared with him.

"I'm home...!!" He says loudly, to attract Xiao Zhan's attention.

He closes the door and turns around, then walks to living room, but halted when he sees Xiao Zhan is sitting on the couch. Xiao Zhan looks at him, never utter a word, nor welcomes him as usual.

But that is not what makes Yibo freeze. There is a young woman, sits next to Xiao Zhan. She twists her neck to see Yibo's coming. They look at Yibo silently,makes Yibo feels awkward and heart pain.

"Oh? Sorry.... I guess.... I entered the house wrongly..!" Yibo says. And he turns around, walks to the door and opens it. He pauses there, hopping Xiao Zhan would stops him. But to not avail. He sighs, then turns the door's knob and exited the house.

Yibo leans on the wall beside the door after he closes it. He feels his heart ache. He touches his chest and ruffles his own shirt.

"Who's that girl? Why he never say anything to explain or stop me from going?" He asks himself quietly. A hot fluid trickle on the edge of his eye. He wipes it roughly, then stomps up to the lift,and straight away goes to his own house.

While in Xiao Zhan's house, the woman looks at Xiao Zhan who still silent.

"Who is that, Zhan?" She asks, startled him.

"Umm... He.. he the neighbour upstairs. He always like that one. Enters someone's house wrongly..!" Xiao Zhan lies.

"Hmm... That's indeed dangerous. What illness is that?" She furrowed her brows.

"I don't know!" Xiao Zhan smiles sheepishly, hides his guilt feeling for lying to the woman and an uneasiness feel to Yibo.

"But how could he comes into the house?" The woman asks again.

"I... Didn't lock the door.. I guess... I forgot..?" Xiao Zhan says. And smiles even awkwardly.

The woman presses her lips into a thin line and nods her head.

"I think I'm going to sleep now. I'm so tired traveling so long from Chongqing to Beijing. It wasn't a joke!"she says, and gets up from the couch. She squirms her body.

"Ah Jian sleeps soundly. He must be very tired.." she mumbles and smiles

"Ok. Go rest now, Jie...!" Xiao Zhan says.

"Good night, Zhan Zhan...!" She taps Xiao Zhan's cheek then proceeds to the room,where a little boy is sleeping tight.

After she left, Xiao Zhan inhale and  exhales his breath. He looks at the front door, thinking of Yibo.

"I think I can't talk to him now... He will make a ruckus and it would attracts Jie's attention..." Xiao Zhan talks in his mind.

Then he gets up and walks to his own room to get some sleep with a little backache, result from the previous night activity.

🦋🦋🦋

Morning comes. The sky is blue with white clouds flying around, the sun rising shyly from behind the skyscrapers, spreading its warmth, peeking its light through the thin blind which unshielded by the dark curtain, sweeping a fair skin belongs to a handsome boy.

He squinting his eyes to the ray. Letting out a small groans, feel irritate with the morning's greeting. He flips to the other side and continue to sleep. But his eyes force him to awake. He stares at the surrounding of the room. He picks up his phone on the nightstand.

"No call, no message either... What the fuck....!" He mumbles.

He gets out of the bed and walks to the curtain and draw it back. He squirms his eyes when the sun's ray hits his face. After he adjusted to it, he opens his eyes again, and sliding the french door to the balcony open. He walks out, leans on the metal reeling, enjoying the scenery of the city in the morning.

"A Jian! Don't stand near the reeling!" He can hear Xiao Zhan shouts gently from the balcony downstairs.

He bends over the reell to see at the balcony underneath his. There is a little boy is leaning on the reeling.

"Aigo! A Jian!" A female voice.

His brows arch. Then he sees the last night woman comes approaching the boy and carries him away from the reeling. The boy is wriggling and cries .

"Papa! Papa!" The boy shouts.

Yibo pulls him back,standing in a daze.

"Papa?" He mutters.

He storms into the house. Slams himself into the bed, buries his face on the blanket. After a while gets up again. Face is red and wet. His nose too. He walks to the shelf in the living room where boxes are neatly organized. He pulls a small box. Open it. There are many colourful marbles place inside the box. Then he pours them all on the parquet from his height, causing the noisy noise when the marbles are hit the floor and run anywhere. And then he pulls the bigger box, full with comic books. He slams the box on the floor which makes a loud thud sound.

"Eat up my nuisance disturbance, Agent Xiao Zhan!" He grunts.

Then he runs to the middle room. Open a white cloth that covering the drums set. He sits on the stool,pick the sticks up and starts to hit the drums randomly.

"Oh, dear God...." Xiao Zhan makes a complain to God about his neighbour who now is his boyfriend upstairs.

"Is he the guy from the last night?" His elder sister, Ying Ying, asking him.

Xiao Zhan nods his head. Then he shakes his head.

"Does he always do this?" She asks again.

"Only on the first one week he moved in here 6 months ago. Then he stopped after I make a complain to him." Xiao Zhan says. "Now he starts again..." He murmurs.

Xiao Ying, or Ying Ying looks thinking. Her mouth is moving like saying something voiceless. Then she smiles.

"Papa! Papa!" Her son screams.

"A Jian... Papa is coming tomorrow night to pick us up, ok?" Ying Ying says, approaching A Jian.

"I want Papa..." He pouts.

"Come here! You play with me now until your papa comes!" Xiao Zhan pulls him closer.

"I want to play in the game zone..!" Says A Jian, pamperly.

"Game zone?" Xiao Zhan mumbles. He turns to his sister.

Ying Ying smiles.

"I think we have to bring him to the play zone in the mall .." Ying Ying informs him.

"Aahhh.... Ok, ok! Let's go we take a stroll in the city. Here also no peace, until the neighbour stops grumpy..!" Xiao Zhan gets up. He carries A Jian on his hand.

"Let's go, Jie!" Says Xiao Zhan.

"A Jian needs to changes first, Zhan Zhan..! He still wearing his pyjamas!" Cries Ying Ying.

Xiao Zhan looks at A Jian, then to himself.

"And so do we...." He mumbles.

Ying Ying lets out of a chuckle.

After they dressed up, then they go out to have their breakfast first before heading to mall where the playzone for kids is, which opens only after 11am.