7: too much cotton candy brandy

"Judd what the fuck are you doing here." I blurted out, standing up straight, missing the support of the brick wall a little because I wasn't standing exactly still, I was swaying slightly- my current technique to stay on my feet was to shift my weight from one foot to the other. In all honesty this technique sucked ass, but it was what I told myself would work.
"I came to find you." He said calmly, his gruff voice made my stomach do backflips. He was making eye contact with me the whole time and even after he'd explained himself he didn't take his eyes off me for a second.
"Why? I'm perfectallyyyyyyyy fine." I lifted my hands up and did an exaggerated shrug, as if I didn't know what reason he had to worry. I giggled stupidly and rolled my eyes like an idiot.
"That's why I found your shoe in the grass ten feet away from where you are now?" He replied, making me look down at my feet and stumble forward a bit because I had no stable balance on my feet whatsoever. He was right, I had lost one shoe, but he had it in his hand and passed it to me. My gaze darted from my foot to the missing shoe in his hand, I was trying to piece together how that happened and how I hadn't noticed.
"I don't need your help!" I exclaimed, looking back up at him. He made direct eye contact with me again and kissed his teeth, he looked fed up. I didn't know what to do, so I snatched the shoe out of his hand and chucked it somewhere in the distance.
"Can you not act like that, now you've lost your shoe again and I'm just here trying to make sure you don't die." He groaned, turning himself around to try and look in the direction I had thrown my own shoe.
"What like my mom? You scared I'm gonna go kill-Nevermind." My tone changed from aggressive to worthless. I had no idea what was coming out of my mouth and he looked shocked when his gaze met mine again.

I didn't want to argue with the guy in front of me, I didn't have the energy to. And I didn't want to become an emo drunk, that's never fun. It was a full moon and it was the only thing that illuminated our faces a little. The light cast shadows on his facial features, I stared at them for a bit- unsure as to what to say. His green eyes were bright and shone with a certain element of curiosity, he looked like he was trying to form a sentence after what I had just said. I felt bad, that's obviously not what he had meant but I spoke too soon without properly thinking and now there was just an awkward silence where we were looking at each other. I decided to look elsewhere, to try and make out my surroundings a little because my vision was slightly blurry. There were perfectly trimmed bushes dotted around the garden with pretty flower buds all over them, I guessed that they were probably roses judging by the floral scent that was mixing in with Judd's cologne. The scenery around us was so serene I almost didn't want the silence to end.

"I never mentioned your mom, and I meant that you're so drunk you'd probably not feel pain and that's how people die." His voice became soft, he sounded like he genuinely cared, another thing I wasn't expecting. I was used to something a little more harsh and patronising. Judd's voice sounded sweet, which wasn't normal, it didn't sound normal.
"Well I don't need your help!" I snapped back ignoring his efforts to put on a nice front and pushing him harshly away from me, but I wasn't strong in the current state I was in and he didn't even budge, "I can do things on my own!" I slammed my hand on his chest a second time, at this point he turned his face down to look at me from his tall height, it was as if he wasn't impressed by the way I was acting. Sober me wouldn't be impressed either, but sober me was taking a break at the moment, "Stop babysitting me!" I tried pushing him back again for the third time but just like the other two times, he didn't even flinch. It was infuriating, I was breathing heavily and trying to calm myself down- he was clearly a bit pissed off as well but I probably looked as if I was about to blow a fuse.

Then something sporadic happened, which took me completely off guard, in the single moment after my third attempt to get him away from me, we just stared at each other for a couple of seconds before he leant down and slammed his lips onto mine, beginning to kiss me, it was intense but passionate. It was as if time had stopped and in this world it was just me and him. I ran my hands through his hair and he pushed me up against the wall, never breaking our lip lock, I obviously melted into it but it had surprised me. My heart began to beat faster, every muscle in my body seemingly awakening. We proceeded to make out for a bit longer before he pulled himself away.
"You intrigue me (y/n)." He stated in his monotone voice before disappearing into the night, leaving me panting- trying to get air into my body again.

"For fucks sake, why do I have to fall for Judd Bitch." I groaned and slid my back down the brick wall and into the wet grass which had also soaked through my sock on the foot where my shoe had fallen off. My body tingled and all I wanted to do was to run back and to try find Judd again, for him to hold me.