Conceal, Don't feel.

^^Hayley^^

My first week went by without too many problems, my dad and I got settled in and I was starting to get used to our new routine.

Every morning he would wake me up, make breakfast and send me off to school. At school I was mostly left alone, even Hayley didn't bother to speak to me. People still stared at me every time I walk through the hallways. I just pretend I don't see them and get to my classes as fast as I can with Hayley guiding me.

"Isa," I hear someone call out for me. I slowly open my eyes to see the whole class staring at me. My eyes fall on an angry-looking Mrs Rivera. "Isa Willems, is my class so boring that you had to fall asleep?" She asks me angry.

I know it's a rhetorical question, but I can't help to answer it anyway. "I wouldn't go as far as to say that the class is boring," I say innocently. "It's more that, the teacher can't keep me interested enough," I hear the class erupting in laughter and Mrs Rivera's face almost turns purple.

"OUT, NOW!" She yells while pointing aggressively to the door. "TO THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE." She slowly starts to turn purple from anger. I take my time getting my stuff, while the teacher tries to regain the attention of the class. I grab my bag and sling it around my shoulder.

I turn around one more time at the door and salute the class before walking out. Mrs Rivera was still trying to calm them down when I close the door behind me. I think I've officially given up on trying to be invisible.

"Okay, how do I get to the principal's office from here?" I ask my self out loud. I start walking in the direction that I think will get me there. After taking a few wrong turns I can see a sign, pointing me towards the office. I stop in front of a door with the sign 'principal's office', I hesitate for a moment but decide to knock before entering.

"Come in," a voice from the other side answers. I open the door and see a man, looking around 40-45 years old sitting in the chair behind a desk. A stack of papers next to him. He looks up once he notices me closing the door.

"Well, well, if it isn't the most talked-about student of the week," the man says while smiling gently. "Sit down, miss Willems," he motions me to sit in the chair across from him. "Why do I have the pleasure of meeting you so soon," he says as soon as I sit down, putting his hands under his chin.

I explain to him what happens, I can see the amusement in his eyes grow with every word. "Isa, as a principal, I should tell you that you shouldn't have done that, but, I know what you're going through, so for this one time I'll let it slide," he says while searching for something in his desk drawer.

"Here." He hands me a picture of two guys and a woman holding each others shoulder. "The guy on the left is me," he points to a guy who looks just like him, but younger. "The girl in the middle is my wife," he points at the girl in her summer dress, standing in the middle. "And this," he says, pointing at the guy on the right, holding a beer bottle in his left hand. "This is your father."

"Wait, what?! You knew my father?" I almost yell at him. "I didn't just know him, we are best friends," he says smiling brightly. "He was born here, but once he met your mother, he decided to follow her to Europe."

"Why has he never mentioned you to me?" I ask curiously to why I only find out about this supposedly 'best friend'. "We had a little fight right before he left, I told him that he was making a mistake and he got angry at me, said that I was not supporting him," he explains leaning back into his chair. "He contacted me a few weeks ago, he apologized and told me he was moving back here."

"So for this one time I'll let this little accident slip, but don't think about disrespecting a teacher, I know your going through somethings at the moment, but that does not mean you get to act out," he says now with a little more authority in his voice.