Don CeSar Hotel

Time Era: mid-1900s
Location: Florida
———————————————————————

This is a classic Romeo and Juliet kind of story.

Located in St. Pete Beach, Florida, the Don CeSar hotel dates back to the early 1900s. It was built by a Mr. Thomas Rowe, who band it after a character in the opera Maritana.

During his studies in London, Thomas saw the opera and fell in love with one of the actresses, a Spanish aristocrat named Lucinda.

The two regularly met at a fountain in the middle of the city and planned to sail to America to be married.

There was one problem with the match: Lucinda's parents did not approve of their daughter and Thomas's marriage. So they took her back to Spain.

Thomas wrote to his Lucinda often, but all his attempts at contact were thwarted. His letters came back to him, unopened.

Lucinda also wrote to her love, but only one of her letters actually made it to his hands.

In that letter, she wrote that "Time is infinite. I wait for you by our fountain... to share our timeless love, our destiny is time."

Lucinda allegedly died of a broken heart, while Thomas went on to Florida to build the Don CeSar Hotel.

The hotel includes an exact replica of the fountain that Lucinda and Thomas met by when they were still alive.

Thomas never loved another woman in his life.

Nowadays, Thomas Rowe's ghost has been sighted on the beach, on the fifth floor of the hotel along with the lobby, and in the garden, where, even after death, he is seen with the ghost of Lucinda, holding her hand.