Chapter 22

You went to a restaurant after the playpen. Once you had ordered your lunch, Law stayed at your table while you went with the kid to the bathroom to clean your hands. The sink was a bit high for him, so you had to lift him so he could reach it. When you went back to the table, it was Law's turn to go to clean his hands, so he left the table leaving you alone with the kid once again.

You then heard soft giggles.

You scanned the room and found a little girl sitting at the opposite table. She should be around five years old as well, and was wearing a cute blue ribbon on her blonde, straight hair. She was kneeled turned around in her chair, half hidden behind its back and looking at chibi Law. When she noticed you had seen her, she lowered her head and disappeared behind the back of the chair.

You did as if you turned your attention to another thing, discreetly looking at the chair. The little girl slowly stuck her head over the back to keep looking at chibi Law.

"Law, I think you have an admirer," you whispered leaning to him and gesturing towards the opposite table with your head.

When he raised his eyes to the little girl, she immediately hid behind the back with a giggle.

"I'm out of her reach," he simply stated, ignoring the girl.

You sweatdropped. Seriously, where did this kid learned to speak like that? "Don't be so mean. She likes you." You pouted.

"I don't care. You're my girlfriend."

You rolled your eyes. What a loyal little gentleman you had here.

"What are you talking about?" Law asked, having arrived at that moment.

"There's a little girl on that table that seems to have a little crush on your younger self. I think it's really cute, but he isn't too interested about it," you explained your boyfriend.

"I never paid too much attention to females, to be honest," he muttered as he sat down.

You blinked, wondering what had you done to catch his attention in case his statement was actually true, which you could hardly believe, although you knew he wasn't the type of guy who fell for some random woman.

The waiter brought your food and you ate, chit-chatting peacefully. You felt a little weird. For the rest of the people, you must look like a couple with their child, like Adriano's sister had thought. And, for a moment, the idea of starting a family with Law crossed your mind, a blush forming on you cheeks. Law raised a brow questioningly, but you simply smiled and shook your head, pushing the idea aside.

When you were eating the dessert, the little girl from the other table went to chibi Law and handed him a round bonbon with a shy, smiley look in her face. Chibi Law took it and stared at the girl, who stood in front of him expectantly.

"Don't you have something to say, Law?" you questioned the child.

He looked at you for a moment before returning his gaze to the girl. "Thank you," he muttered.

"You're welcome," the girl shyly replied before running back to her table, giggling.

You exchanged glances with your boyfriend, an amused look on your eyes and a slightly embarrassed one on his.

"Is it good?" you asked chibi Law while he ate the chocolate.

He nodded in response, chewing on the sweet treat.

You put your hand in your pocket and extracted some candy from it before handing them to the child. "Before we go, I want you to give her these candies. All right?" you told him.