Don't settle

Michelle was enraged by the man who stood opposite her, her 'father', who had abandoned her and her family when he grew tired of them.

"How dare you come to Bella's wedding," Michelle snapped.

"She is my daughter, I have a say in who she marries," replied Joseph.

"You lost that right the second you walked out that door, when you gave up acting like our father years ago."

"Move aside Michelle, I am done arguing with you."

He took a few steps forward towards the reception hall where Bella was celebrating her marriage to her high school sweetheart Dave. Like thinking about him brought him, Dave walked out of the hall in the direction of the washrooms, but stopped when he saw the scene in front of him.

"Is everything alright Elle?" he asked as he walked up beside her and Michelle smiled at his use of her nickname.

"No, I was just escorting this man out of the hall."

Joseph glared at the two of them, especially at Dave.

"How dare you marry my daughter without my approval?" he snarled at Dave.

"I had every right to marry her with her consent and the blessings of her family." Dave replied standing up to his full height, 5'8, to stare down at Joseph who was a bit short for a man.

"I did not give you my blessings, and I am her father!" Joseph yelled.

"Funny, never heard her talk about a father other than Sammy? Are you the sperm donor perhaps that she has never spoken about before?"

Mitchelle loved Dave for his calm wit in the face of challenges, even the test she had done so he could marry Bella, and she was glad her sister had him in her life.

"I'd suggest you leave before Michelle finishes calling security," Dave nonchalantly said after a bit of Joseph huffing in rage.

Joseph whipped his head to her when he realized she was quietly calling someone over from the other side of the hall.

"This isn't over yet," Joseph declared before leaving with the rest of his dignity intact.

"Sorry Dave, I wasn't able to call for help or it would have given him the chance to crash the wedding."

Dave smiled at her and they started walking back to the wedding, "Hey, my bladder rang the alarm in time for me to save you. Now who's the superhero here?"

"Still your police officer sister-in-law," Michelle joked back and they laughed as they walked back into the party.

"Okay cut!" rang out the voice of the director.

Amy took off her heels first before going over to the pile of snacks and refreshments where Susan was already standing at. Susan played Bella in the tv drama they were filming, and she was Amy's best friend as well.

"I always feel sorry for Daniel when he has to act like a jerk because we all know he's the sweetest grandpa in the world," Susan sighed.

"Hey! I'm only in my forties, I'm not that old," Daniel shouted from the other side of the set from behind them.

Amy smiled and nodded, but then she saw the time and knew she had to go.

"Sorry Sue, I have to leave for training for my other job."

"Does the director know you're leaving?" Susan asked.

"Yeah, they filmed all the scenes I'm in for the finale, so I have nothing else to do here unlike you Miss Lead role."