Chapter 24: Mum.

Austin's outfit above.

Amelia Black

Why the fuck am I knocking?

"It's open." I hear Austin's voice so I open the door and go inside.

"What the fuck?" He asks as he sees me. "Did you just knock in your own home?"

"I haven't been here in like three months. I was nervous." I say then walk up to him.

"I'm not going to hug you, I saw you yesterday." He says.

"I'm sure you stink anyway." I smirk.

He looks at me then crosses his arms over his chest. "What brings you here?"

"I came to see mum."

"Did something happen?"

"No, I came to apologise for not talking to her for two months." I answer.

"Yeah, she talks about that every Friday. She misses you."

"I miss her too and you and Mae. You should all come over for dinner or something." I give him a suggestive smile.

He brushes his hair back in a cool way. "I will think about it."

"Please, Austin! You can even come with your pretty girlfriends." I wink at him.

"They are not my girlfriends!" He explains.

"If you say so ."

"Can I come with Hayden as well?" He asks on a more serious note. Hayden is our cousin and his best friend.

"Of course you can."

"Alright, we'll be there."

"Great." I kiss his cheek then stride to the stairs.

As I'm walking to my mum's room, I see the door to the little sitting room upstairs open. It's where I usually hung out with my friends or studied and Mum is sitting there with a book in her hand but her attention is on the TV.

"Mum." I whisper.

She turns to me with widened eyes. "Amelia?"

"Hi."

She closes her magazine and stands up, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't know if I should be angry and start yelling at you or hug you?"

"I will take the hug." I grin and walk over to wrap my arms around her.

"Oh, honey." She squeezes me hard. "I've missed you so much." She breaks into tears.

"I've missed you too, mum." I also start crying. We pull away and I sit with her on the couch.

"How are you?" She asks with a crying voice, holding onto my hand.

"I'm great, mum. I just got back from Italy."

"Yes, I heard." She smiles, "And your father also told me what happened with him. You know he tends to overreact a lot."

"Yes. I'm a little glad that he did what he did though."

"Really?"

"Yes." I reply then start catching her up with what's been going on in my life for the past two and a half months.

****

"So this is your room?"

I gasp and sit up. "What are doing here?"

"I came to pick you up." Adam replies. I haven't seen him since the day before yesterday at breakfast.

He's been so busy with work since we got back and I've also been busy with school.