Rats

"Please.... you have to understand... I have a family at home.." I plead.

"We are your only family now. You have disrespected us, and my son could die from what you've done!" Noah shouts.

Gabe grabs me by my throat, and slams me against the wall.

"If my brother dies because of you, I promise I'll feed you to the rats!" He threatens.

"I'm... sorry.." I gasp.

"Gabriel, put Emmie down. She's going to the basement." Noah calmly says.

Gabe drops me to the floor, and I choke, gasping for air. I try to run, but Noah grabs my hands, and I am too weak to defend myself.

"Why the basement?" I ask.

"Shut up! No questions." Noah says.

He forces me down to the basement, where he flips on a light. Dozens of human ears, eyeballs, teeth & noses are adorned on the wall. I scream.

"You stay down here until you learn how to respect this family." Noah says, tying me to a bed with a plastic sheet on it.

He walks upstairs and slams the door, locking it on his way out. I begin to cry, but to no avail. I'm trapped.

I guess I cried myself to sleep, because I am awakened to the sound of something being crunched.

I look around as much as I can, but being tied to a bed, there isn't much I can do. That's when I see the vermin, eating something red.

"No fucking way..." I mumble.

Hours pass by. My throat was burning and my stomach hurt. I read once that a human can go 3 days without water. Would they keep me down here this long?

The door opens, and Jenny comes down the stairs.

"Noah didn't want me coming down here, but Taylor begged me to. He was worried you would go hungry..." she informs me.

Taylor, the one I just tried to kill, still cared about me.

"I can only feed you some oatmeal and water, Gabe and Noah will be back in eventually. So this is all you get." Jenny says.

"How's Taylor?" I whisper.

"You could have killed him, you know. But he's ok. Noah stitched him up, and he's not gonna be able to work for a few days." She tells me.

"I'm sorry." I tell her.

"Apologize to Taylor, not me. He's the one who is worried sick about you." She says.

I begin to cry. Taylor didn't seem like a bad guy, and here I was, being ungrateful.