Hidden Secrets you probably missed the first time you read the series

1) When Harry freed Dobby from the Malfoys in Chamber of Secrets, Lucius Malfoy attempted to use the killing curse on him. Many people did not realise this because the spell was not introduced until Goblet of Fire.

2) Both, Sirius Black and Fred Weasley, Hogwarts pranksters from different generations, died laughing.

3) In book 1, Dumbledore gives 10 points to Neville at end of the book to stand up against his friends, which is a very difficult task, at that point it only appears as if this is done to allow Gryffindor win House Trophy, but in the last book Deathly Hallows we come to know that even for a great wizard like Dumbledore himself, how difficult it was to confront his friend Grindelwald, and stand up against him. So he knows what great strength Neville has shown.

4) JK Rowling published Harry Potter around 1997 in the UK and 1998 in the US. The final battle between Harry and Voldemort ends around 1997-1998. Hence the phrase, I open at close.

5) In Prisoner of Azkaban, Trelawney refuses to sit at a table with 12 other characters because she would be the 13th and the first one to get up after that would die. In Order of the Phoenix, 13 members of the order are sitting and Sirius is the first to stand.