|34|

The clearing was decorated with beautiful lights, hanging around the trees. A few of the pack members had left right after the ceremony, skipping all the photographs in order to set the whole affair up. 

The entire pack had shown up to the event, along with a few people from the the town. The newly weds came later than most as they had left to change into more comfortable- and wolf custom appropriated- clothing.

Leora had donned a knee length cream dress with short cap sleeves that did nothing to hide her small baby bump the way her first dress had. Some of the females of the pack had also gifted her with a hand crafted crown of olive leaves and baby's breath which she wore on her now completely loose hair. Adam had put on a light linen shirt, which he kept mostly unbuttoned along with cream coloured chinos. It was actually wolf custom to be without a shirt but he wanted to be respectful to the humans.

Adam and most of the other wolves had ditched their shoes and Leora followed suit. Adam had told her it was a wolf custom, especially at matings, to symbolise a closeness in nature as well as fertility. There was something freeing and enchanting of having her bare feet on the grass, Leora thought- perhaps it was because she knew the meaning behind it and she thought that was enchanting.

They all sat down to a banquet fit for a king- the pack had really gone all out with their planning. It was a five course meal, of mostly Greek cuisine- Leora was both impressed and touched by their attention to detail. It was incredibly nostalgic for her to get to taste her roots again, it reminded her of the food her mother made as a child- unfortunately, Leora wasn't as versed with cooking but her mother did promise to share the family recipes with her to practice with Adam.

Throughout the meal, there was much laughter, chatter and music. Both Leora and Adam kept their hands clasped together on top of the table, their newly placed wedding rings winking at their friends and family seated around them. The couple were obviously enraptured with each other, sharing secret smiles, whispered loving sentiments, 

Leora could hardly get through all the pies, meats, potatoes and rice but she somehow had some extra space left over for the final course- her absolute favourite, baklava. Everything was so right- she felt as if she had died in that moment, she would've died happy. Not that she really wanted to, because she had a feeling that there was so much more that she and Adam had to experience together. 

Adam had excused himself from the table breifly, giving his new wife a half hearted excuse of having to deal with a buisness matter. It wasn't a complete lie- besides he couldnt reaveal the exact nature of the distubance in front of the human guests not that he wanted Leora to find out either. 

Vincent had to pull Renee from one of Leora's human friends, the boy seemingly startled when the larger male showed up. The group of Alphas split up to deal with the problem. Apparently Damien had caught wind that he was the only Alpha not invited to the wedding of the happy couple and hadn't taken too well to the news.

He had sent a couple of his wolves to try and cause a ruckus, but one of the patrol wolves had picked up on it. Beta Sam had tried to deal with it discretely without having to innterupt his Alphas happy day, but a few of the other Alphas also caught wind of the situation and had decided that Adam needed to know what was happening. 

"I am not dealing with this now. This is my wedding day for Goddesses sake. " Adam huffed, his temper was slowly rising but he didnt want to ruin the day, especially for Leora. 

"I agree with Adam." Renee agreed quietly, lookingt over her shoulder to all the unsuspecting guests milling around. "Damien must be dealt with but this is not the time."

"I will hold a summit." Vincent suggested. "I will arrange it all for a few weeks time, be ready. I am growing tired of this pest and it will be taken care of."