|19|

Alpha Vincent had truly hit a conundrum. He wasn't entirely sure what he was going to do. He had waited a long time for a mate, just as long as Adam, and had been just as earnest. He refused to believe the moon Goddess would be so cruel. But there she was, that smell taunting him as she sat close by him at dinner that evening.

She leaned close to whisper into Adam's ear, they both looked so happy together. Vincent had to force himself to look away- to think logically- perhaps he had jumped to a conclusion? He had never heard of two Alphas having the same mate, or even a person having two mates, especially not a human.

In the short moments that he had spent with the woman, he could see why she was both bright and beautiful. She seemed to compliment Adam perfectly, but he couldn't deny that she could compliment him too.

She was soft, beautiful and polite. He could easily see that she was everything he wanted in mate and more. However, he could also see that she was both well adjusted and happy with her life here with Adam. Supposing that he was right, and he was to take her away, he doubted that she would ever be so familiar with him and he wasn't sure he wanted that.

Leora ate quietly, taking in the chatter and ever so often conversing quietly with Adam. It hadn't escaped hers nor Adam's attention that the two human girls weren't present for dinner, it concerned her greatly. The both agreed in hushed whispers to check on the two girls later.

Adam couldn't help but fall in love with Leora a little further as she inquired about the two human slaves that Damien had brought. She was so attentive and caring- her beautiful heart made her an amazing Luna, and she didn't even recognise it. He had been able to soothe her worries with a soothing palm on her thigh along with the guarantee of checking up on them later.

He grimaced slightly as he turned back to the conversation at hand. Damien sat beside Sam on his left whilst Vincent sat beside Leora on his other side. The two had been going back and forth for a while on the significance of establishing an Alpha council.

Damien had been against the idea, insisting that each Alpha should have influence over their own pack. Vincent had countered his argument with the fact that an Alpha council wouldn't dictate an Alpha's rule, but would allow better flow of information between the land.

Adam sided more with Vincent, but did not speak this aloud. He had to maintain his place as a neutral party between the two, if he wasn't objective war could break out. He wanted to avoid such consequences if it was at all possible.

"Enough of this serious chatter, we will talk business in the morning." Adam reprimanded them both, "For now, let us enjoy the food and the company."

He squeezed Leora's thigh gently who in response, laced her fingers through his and kissed the back of his palm.

Both Alpha's quietened under the scrutiny of their host. Instead Vincent turned to converse with Beta Sam whilst Damien engaged with his own company.

Leora admired Adam greatly for the way he could handle tough situations. He was both smart and honourable, looking for the best situation for everyone; it was what made him an exceptional Alpha.

It was starting to get late and Leora was particularly antsy about seeing Marianne and Spiraea. Adam could tell his mate was getting rather restless so he excused them both to bed.

Much to Leora's embarrassment, Adam had lifted her right off her chair carrying her out of the room in his arms. She insisted, albeit half-heartedly, to be let down, though her plea fell on deaf ears.

She wouldn't admit it, but she was utterly exhausted; she probably wouldn't be able to stay awake for much longer, much less walk. She was afraid that if she said anything, Adam wouldn't let her check up on the two girls.