Chapter 5

I pretended that Hunters words didn't hurt although they did a lot more than I'd like to admit, even to myself. I realised I wanted him to want me but being Nathan's best friend and my close friend I understood it was weird. So I pushed the thoughts away and hoped everything would go back to normal.

"So there's this wicked party" Chloe corner me at my locker.

"No no no" I'm not going to another one. I really wanted to chill tonight and didn't want a repeat of last week I got way too drunk. I blame that on my emotional advances to Hunter anyway.

"Spoil sport I'll let you off this one but next time you gotta" she flicked her brown hair behind her back.

"Fine fine" I agreed but I'll most likely try think of an excuse by the next time.

"Bella have you got a min" I saw Greg arriving behind us and Chloe winks.

"Of course she does I was just going, catch you later" She pulls a ohhh face as she leaves behind Greg's back.

I take a minute to take in his appearance. he seemed ready for footy practised.

"Did you come from gym?"

"Yeah yeah coach has got us trying out hard this week"

"I see"

He looked kinda of nervous but spoke with confidence "so I wanted to catch you before you left, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime"

I smiled Greg was nice I wasn't sure if he was what I was looking for but he was definitely  worth a shot. Why not considering my brother hadn't managed to stop this so far I wanted to give it a go.

"I'd love to Greg here take my number"

We exchange numbers and he rushed back to practise. I felt good at least someone wanted me ... no don't think about that.

"I saw that sis" Nathan came up behind me making me jump.

"God will you stop it" I noticed Hunter was walking behind on his phone.

"Did you just agree to go out with Greg?" I saw Hunter lift his head at Nathan's words but went back to his phone.

"Maybe" god damn it why does my brother seem to have tabs on me at all the wrong times.

"Well he better take good care of you or he'll have to me deal with" he looked deadly serious

"Yeah yeah quit it with the big brother talk" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You going to the party later?"

"No not this time I need to chill" it was Friday and my parents were away for business again. They normally do half week here and half way. I don't really mind as I like my freedom.

"Same, me and Hunter are having a games night but sorry sis no girls aloud" he chucked as we continued to his car.

"Cool that's fine by me" I shrugged.

********************************************

I was half way through the stranger things series's when I heard footsteps I mean I was a bit on edge. So I hid down by the sofa. I saw a dark figure coming towards me and I jumped pushing him down .I think out of shock he fell not my strength.

"Oi omg Bella what!" A sleepy familiar voice spoke angrily.

Shit it was Hunter and I happened to land right on top of him. of course he had no shirt on.

"Sorry! Omg I thought it was someone attacking me, I thought you guys had gone to bed!" I panicked as I felt the warmth of his body. His soft hands held my waist.