Chapter 8|Rachel

"So bug, did you give him the check?" Danny asked with humour shining in his eyes, as I threw myself in one of the chairs.

"No, but he told me where I can shove it." I said humourless, feeling exhausted all of a sudden.

He laughed out loud throwing his head back, really enjoying this and I frowned. Some brother he is.

"Dad is going to love him. He is stubborn, doesn't accept hand downs and that shows dignity. I'm so gonna hire him."

"What?" I sat up immediately.

"He came to apply for an internship but I'm thinking of hiring him to help me while dad is away. Depending on how he'll do, I'm thinking to offer him a permanent job here," He smiled.

Oh, that explains a lot.

"Interesting." I stroke my chin, deep in thought."So what did you learn? Spill."

I crossed my legs and relaxed in my chair, waiting to hear the details. Danny shuffled through his pages to find his resume.

"Noah Cooper. 21 years old. Studying shipping and finance management, top of his class, full scholarship in the same college as you. How could you not know him?"

I knew it, I knew he was there in the library today. I swear, it was like I felt it. What Danny said was bothering me though. How could I not know him? He's obviously in all my classes. Have I been so ignorant all this time?

"I don't know what to tell you. He is not the kind of guy I usually notice."

"That's true. He is not a dumbass, I can tell you that. Nor a jock only thinking about his biceps and his dick."

"Okay! That's enough. You don't have to list all the mistakes I did." I raised my hand to stop him, only to face his smug smile.

"I'm not listing the mistake you did, I'm listing who you did."

"Danny! Cut it!"

He laughed again whole hearted, but stopped talking. After he calmed down a little, I spoke again.

"You're seriously considering hiring him?"

"Yes. Is it gonna be a problem?" he scanned my face for a moment. Problem? Oh, fuck no. Bring it on. He is officially on my "to do" list. I'm gonna win that guy over.

This is the first time in my life I want something so badly, and I plan on having it. Whatever it takes.

Couple of hours later I was sitting across Tina, sipping my cocktail and talking about the events of the day.

"So, let me get this straight. After all that, you still like him." she said, playing with the straw of her drink.

"Never wanted anything more." I nodded.

"I see. Are you on some kind of new drug that makes you stupid?" she said sarcastically. Or so I hoped. I chuckled a little.

"Look, I know it doesn't make much sense.."

"Much sense?" she marked again in the same tone. "It doesn't make any sense. If I were you, I would want him dead, not to get in his pants." She scoffed kind of annoyed and pushed back her hair over her shoulder.

"What can I say? He gives me the vibes" I shrugged and took a sip.

"You know, if I didn't know you, I would say that probably it has something to do with possible father issues. But you don't have those!"

True story, Daddy is my hero, my strength and my favorite person in the whole world. So, no father issues for me other than unconditional love.

"Ah, you should have seen him today. He looked so good. And I could tell, I was affecting him."

"Well, obviously you affect him. From what you told me, you make him bat-shit mad." She rolled her eyes at me.

"No,you doofus. I'm not talking about that. I mean, when I came closer to him he shallowed hard and his breathing changed. I could have sworn that I turned him on."

Thinking about it, the memory still fresh in my head, it was like I was there again. Inches away from his face, from his full lips and his green mesmerizing eyes looking at me, making me numb. If I lifted my head just a bit more, I could have brushed his lips softly. Damn!

If this was any other guy, he would have grabbed me and kissed me right there, no questions asked. So, keeping that in mind I had a two-part question. Was he gutless? Or despite what I'm thinking he doesn't fancy me that way?

Oh, don't go there.

Insecurities I never thought I had, started creeping up in my mind and I shook my head to make them go away.

"Thinking that he is a total-ass nerd that hadn't had sex for like ever, if at all, I'm sure you turned him on. But maybe it was the lack of an active social life, not you specifically."

"Wow Tina, thank you so much for the support you are showing me." I said ironically and she laughed. I pouted, because what she said hurt a little.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Easy. Now, begins the frilling part, the chase." The gears in my head rotating so fast thinking about how I should proceed from here on.

"You never give up, do you?" she laughed with how stubborn I sounded.

"Hell, no. I'm not a quitter. In fact, if I didn't find it grotesque and unethical, I should have bet you money, that I'll be with this guy before the semester ends." I said sternly.

"I would have taken that bet. But given your obsession, and that you are crazy,  he might be the greatest love affair of your life and a bet wouldn't be a nice start. So I guess will see, huh?"

I nodded again while in my head I was screaming: Game on!

A/N:

Hey there. i know this chapter isn't that good but words seemed to have left me for this. i could have skipped this part but i wanted you to see Rachel's reaction after what happened and her thoughts as well as Tina's views. so concider it as a filler and maybe when i'm on a roll again i will do some serious editing at this part!

Please, vote, comment and share!