(LN) - So you're a superhero?

Happy reading!

I walk through the pit-lane, smiling brightly with the VIP swaying on my neck. I pass the orange McLaren Pit-Box' and I stop to take a fast look inside from the outside. Everyone is running, panicking and shouting inside the pit-box and around me on the pit-lane, they're making sure their drivers can qualify within these two hours. The weird thing is, I'm calm, my muscles are relaxed and my mind is at peace. I close my eyes for a moment to take the time to process all I've seen today, still not really realising I'm actually here. That's when I can feel a strong arm around my waist, pulling me close to its chest, lifting me up to drag me away. I open my eyes in shock, I'm ready to scream but I choose not to. I think because I still feel safe, even in these stranger's arms.

"Wow, wow, wow! Watch it, man, you could've hit her!" I hear a deep voice shout angered. My eyes open and notice I'm pressed against someone's chest, my hands gripped the white with sponsors covered fabric tightly. The arm is still tightly around me, the warmth of his torso warms my shivering-cold body. I look up and meet the most beautiful sparkly eyes. "Are you okay, lady? Are you hurt?"

"Oh, no I'm fine. What happened?" His grip on my loosens and I take a step back. His hand's still resting on my waist. I take a look around, now, a yellow service car's in front of one of the Sauber's pit-box' doing something with the lights there. Some people stopped in their tracks to watch what happened.

"Just a service-car, he didn't see you and you didn't see him." He explains, I look down to his hand. He notices it too and takes his hand back rather swiftly. I look up and I notice his orange cap with the number four on it and it hits me: Lando Norris just saved me.

"So, are you a superhero?" I say, a small giggle leaves my lips. His eyes fluster, he takes his cap off and looks down for a moment before looking into my eyes again. 

"I'm not." He chuckles after a moment of silence. He combs his fingers of his free hand through his hair.

"You're joking right?" I laugh, taking his cap from his hands and putting it on my head, my bright smile reappearing on my face.

"No, it's the truth."

"You're serious, well, who are you?"

"A nobody. I'm nobody." He stutters a bit, clearly not knowing what to say.

"You're a nobody? but you just-"

"Saved your life?" He cuts me off, I nod in agreement. 

"Well, not my life, but you saved me a lot of pain. Why did you risk it?"

"I couldn't let you die, nor get hurt..." His eyes fall on the pavement again. "I thought you're beautiful. Do you know who I am?"

"I've watched you race." I take a step closer to him, not sure why I did that, I take his hand in mine. He looks up to me again when I continue: "I've watched some streams of yours. Just so you know; I'm keeping the cap."

"It's yours if you give me your phone number." He whispers in my ear, he grins to me when he locks eyes with me again. Of course, I'll give my number to this shy yet funny, gaming and racing geek.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any requests you can send me a message, I'd love to hear from you! Please vote and share, I would like that. I'm always open to talk.